Nano-reef

EddieW

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my 10 gal nano-reef that I have on my desk at work. It is still a work in progress as I am still having a bit of an algae problem, but it's getting better.

The odd polyps are some that I got as freebies from my LFS which have grown a lot in the short time they have been in there (they were basically little stubs).

Got some frags in the coming next week or so with any luck which will strat to make it look more like a reef than just a pile of rocks.

Still not decided on the fish but I have got a couple of weeks yet....

Cheers, Eddie

Attachments

• tank_sm.jpg
    tank_sm.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 36
EddieW said:
Hi all,

This is my 10 gal nano-reef that I have on my desk at work. It is still a work in progress as I am still having a bit of an algae problem, but it's getting better.

The odd polyps are some that I got as freebies from my LFS which have grown a lot in the short time they have been in there (they were basically little stubs).

Got some frags in the coming next week or so with any luck which will strat to make it look more like a reef than just a pile of rocks.

Cheers, Eddie
On YOUR DESK!

Some desk!, Can I work where you work!
:D

Looks great!, I'd never get any work done!

Thanks Martin.

Steve - got the marine nano-reef to my right and a small FW community to my left. I managed to get the boss to agree as "my work can be stressful and fish tanks are clinically proven to reduce stress" - well he fell for it anyway :lol:

We are due to move offices later in the year from one in the West End and one near London Bridge (where I am) to one larger office in the West End. The Managing Director possibly wants me to set up a marine tank in the new reception area. I should have a £3-4k budget to play with if all goes well!

Cheers, Eddie

That looks really good Eddie! Hard to believe it is a 10g!!! WOW! :hyper:

EddieW said:
Hi all,

Cheers, Eddie
Eddie, how long have you had this up and going??? I am quite interested in this, as I am going to be doing the same for my office. I am so happy I ran into this post! Do you have any advice?

Hi Olive,

This has been up and running since 10th January - just over a month and still no fish!!

I had a bit of a problem almost two weeks ago so I am letting things settle out again. I currently have a bit of a flatworm issue which I am going to be treating tomorrow when I have some activated carbon in the office.

The main thing to remember is to take it all very slow - with a nano there is such a small volume of water any change will have a big effect.

Feel free to give me a shout if there is anything I can help with - best to do it on the board rather than as a PM so that others can offer advice (or correct me :) ) as well.

Cheers, Eddie

love the arch!

If there is any way you can sump some water... doesnt even need a filter or anything. more water = more stability in chemestry and temp. esp over the weekend where offices can get quite warm or cold fast, without conditioning!

Most reactions

Back