Naming And Shaming

oh dear.. i havent been down there in a couple of months so.. yea

have you been to the place in sainsburys, i thought that place is pretty great.. except they are useless at getting orders in when they tell you.. iv been waiting for a light now for nearly a month, first they tell me its stuck in southhampton, and now they are saying the manufacturer wont ship it out.. then they said it will be in on wednesday.. that was 5 days ago.. :no:
but anyway apart from that they have some great stock!

I popped in to my local Pets @ home today, to get some Cat food and some fish supplies. I never purchase livestock there but they are cheaper than my regular LFS on most equipment/supplies.

Always have a look at the fish and to no suprise saw 7 tanks with dead fish, one had a large catfish around 7" dead in it and another had two large oscars in with dead goldfish as food :crazy:

Spoke to the assistant manager and explained that, even though you often see the occasional dead fish in a fish store to have 7 tanks containing dead fish was really poor. Especially when one was a large catfish, can't really claim they didn't knotice it :lol:

He just looked puzzled and said oh ok...

Can never understand why stores don't check there stock before opening the store.. not a great display for fish their trying to sell :rolleyes:

I popped in to my local Pets @ home today, to get some Cat food and some fish supplies. I never purchase livestock there but they are cheaper than my regular LFS on most equipment/supplies.

Always have a look at the fish and to no suprise saw 7 tanks with dead fish, one had a large catfish around 7" dead in it and another had two large oscars in with dead goldfish as food :crazy:

Spoke to the assistant manager and explained that, even though you often see the occasional dead fish in a fish store to have 7 tanks containing dead fish was really poor. Especially when one was a large catfish, can't really claim they didn't knotice it :lol:

He just looked puzzled and said oh ok...

Can never understand why stores don't check there stock before opening the store.. not a great display for fish their trying to sell :rolleyes:

Pets at Home

After the initial rant at the start of this thread I ventured back and they have an absolutely beautiful red cap must be comfortably 8-9" so what maybe 6-7 yeras old.

Its lying on the bottom of the tank hiding from the light it looks pretty imflamed (see picture) I asked about buying the fish but said it didnt look great,

pets at home response thats what red caps do when they get bigger!!!

DSC00089.jpg

Davy, that poor fish has septiceamia. Keep the water as clean as you can and test it regularly, try and get the temperature up to around 20 - 24 c to help his immune system and hopefully he should be ok.
Have you got a full pic of him as his dorsal fin doesnt look too clever.
Hope he is quarantined as well.

man big fish adoption centres ( istill refuse to say shop, fish arent property they are living things hence my fish have abbott at the end of their names) are rubbish they over fill tiny tanks and they leave dead bodies in there. they sux. only buy from small local fish adoption centres)

Davy, that poor fish has septiceamia. Keep the water as clean as you can and test it regularly, try and get the temperature up to around 20 - 24 c to help his immune system and hopefully he should be ok.
Have you got a full pic of him as his dorsal fin doesnt look too clever.
Hope he is quarantined as well.

Mate, 'aint my fish this was for sale in Pets at Home for £20, I didnt have the money to buy it!!

Sorry, I thought you had got it from there. Aww poor fish. If I ever see any ill fish in a pet store I make it my business to let them know, thats just cruelty. Wish i could buy it :-(

pets at home,know wot you mean.Told me it was safe to take tank,fish home and set it up and have fish in it by tea time.Im from salford/Manchester and best place round here is Oasis.Been goin 25yrs best in the biz

i went to pets at home in hampshire- and i decided to add a goldfish in with my other one. they didnt test the water etc. and this fish was fine, happy in its home until 2 days later it died......killing my fish i already had and the tank in Pets At Home was under quarantine the next time i went back! twice i have got fish that die within days!!! i go to a place called "Garsons" they have a seperate shop which has fish in it and they are trained to know all about fish. i havent had a problem at all :D

Most reactions

Back