Name These Fish..

Liam2368

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can put a name to these cichlids? Sorry for the poor pictures in advance.
Firstly the one that's not the firemouth.
IMAG0443.jpg

And this..
IMAG0444.jpg

IMAG0445.jpg

The first one is an African Butterfly Cichlid, Anomalacara Thomasi and the second looks like some species of Malawi.

the second fish looks like a milawi cichlid.
and too me the first looks like a keyhole cichlid.
by the way those firemouths are bloody awsome fish! :D

the 2nd 1 looks like a female aulonocara jacobfreibergi . it looks very much like the line bred "eureka colour" variant

As said Anomalochromis thomasi and most likely aulonocara jacobfreibergi

lmao!!

The Anomalochromis are excellent fish. I have a pair that would breed if they had their own tank. :rolleyes:

DSCF2078.jpg

lmao!!

The Anomalochromis are excellent fish. I have a newpair that would breed if they had their own tank. :rolleyes:

DSCF2078.jpg

Well I have a little fascination with dwarfs I have a pair of nannacara anomalas and 4 young golden rams and I'm looking to purchase some Apistogramma cacatuoides soon, unfortunately the Anomalochromis was the only one in the shop but I'm still tempted to get it and then hunt for another.

lmao!!

The Anomalochromis are excellent fish. I have a newpair that would breed if they had their own tank. :rolleyes:

DSCF2078.jpg

Well I have a little fascination with dwarfs I have a pair of nannacara anomalas and 4 young golden rams and I'm looking to purchase some Apistogramma cacatuoides soon, unfortunately the Anomalochromis was the only one in the shop but I'm still tempted to get it and then hunt for another.

You want to be careful who you say that to. :lol:

I was considering selling mine but still undecided :/

I`d steer well clear of that shop if that guy said those fish could be kept together? The second is a definite aulonocara female and has completely different requirements to the thomasi.

To be honest he had no clue and i knew that, it's not my usual lfs but just went in on the off chance, they had a pair of uarus which I would love to take but my tank would be well overstocked with them.

Where is this shop :D!!

Most reactions

Back