Myxazin

danon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted some help and advice, 1 of my fish has developed what i think is fin rot, all other occupants seem ok.

After reading on this forum i have decided to treat the WHOLE tank with Myxazin.

Wanted to check i have added the correct amount!!

Tank is 180 litres, i have just added 12ml of Myxazin and will add the same amount over the next 4 days. Thats a TOTAL of 60ml over the course of 5 days.
Is this correct?
Also the water has turned bluey green, is this right?
This wont stain my ocean rock, will it?

Also i have removed the carbon from my filter, do i have to replace it after the 5 day course?

I presume i dont do any water changes until the course is complete?

Thanks, hope you can help, Dan.

It tells you how much each dose treats in litres or gallons.
I havent got myxazin so can you post dosage instructiions.

How many gallons is the tank.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

my bottle of myaxzine which is waterlife brand

says to use 4mm to 60 liters so your dose is correct
it also states to be used on each day for 5 days

i would not use any carbon in the filter untill 7 days after the last dose this would allow enough time for the treatment to work

also i would advise in increaseing the air flow and surface movement of the water to allow an increase in additional O2 levels.

As above - but I would also add that I found this medication (and others like it) can stain certain things in the tank (e.g. air pump plastic pipes, fake plants, certain ornaments) - not sure about ocean rock but if you're able to remove it to be on the safe side, I would. I had a pale orangey coloured, life-like anemone plant - the meds turned it green LOL!

Athena

And to add, dont be tempted to overdose just a little, as Myaxzin can knock your filter bacteria if overdosed.

Thanks for the advice, my Myxazin is also the waterlife brand so my dosage is correct.

About to add another 12ml

After a couple of hours, yesterday, the water returned to its normal clarity.

Have also increased the air flow and surface movement. Thanks again.

When shall i do a water change. Last one was yesterday, before i added the meds. Usually do one once a week, religiously.

Thanks for the advice, my Myxazin is also the waterlife brand so my dosage is correct.

About to add another 12ml

After a couple of hours, yesterday, the water returned to its normal clarity.

Have also increased the air flow and surface movement. Thanks again.

When shall i do a water change. Last one was yesterday, before i added the meds. Usually do one once a week, religiously.

i would keep an eye on your paramiters to see if they rise if not leave the change for 7 days..

i would then treat with charcoal to remove all traces of the meds . reduce the amount of food you feed

only feed every other day whilst under treatment this will help with fish waste...

Most reactions

Back