My Top Ten Photos

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
Many will have seen these but not all together. All taken with basic compact camera. My next big investment will be a DSLR Canon EOS 350D so I can take higher quality photos.

WOW :drool:

I wouldn't bother with the SLR mate, look at the superb pics you can take!!!

Y'know, no matter how hard I try, I just cannot take a decent pic to save my bloody life :(

Well done :)

always good to see pics from you George :good:
Whats the carpet plant you can see in the Dutch styled pic?

Stunning George! Fanatastic set of pics mate :) thats the compact glosso look i was hoping for in my tank! and that is some serious pearling in the the picture with the platy. Just stunning ! well done!

Not moonlighting as a photographer by any chance are you??

Great pic, you cought the oxygen/bubbles on the leaves really well.

Thats it (gotta get myself a digital camera) spent half an hour trying to get a pic of my siamese fighter last night, by the time I got the contrast right she would move, needless to say I gave up.

Great aquascaping if I must say so myself. And to think I was proud of my 2 plants (getting more).

So when are you gonna do mine,(joke), hope I do just as good a job as you.

Nice pic George.

Nikon D70 or even the D80 would be a better choice of camara.
The Nikon is apparently easyer to use and has better final images than the cannon.
I Know for a fact that the cannon veiwing peice is very small almost too small. I have a cannon 300x T2 Rebal 35mm and playing with the 350D from that was abit of a shock. I too am saving for a digital SLR and im leaning towards the Nikon even though my existing lenses will fit the 350D ( my second choice! ). A good macro will be invaluable too but also expensive, but you can use closeup filters ( i use them ) that are only around £18 for three strengths of magnification X1, X2 and X4.

Graeme.

That was a great stroll down memory lane. I remembered you also had pennywort. Great plant, huh? Virtually indestructable and an interesting shape. Your Dutch layout was lovely.

llj :)

Thanks everyone.

I like to see these old photos now and again as it reminds me of what I used to have and boosts any flagging motivational issues I have. The 33 gal. is still empty but boy am I looking forward to setting it up again in the new year. For now I'll settle for my sweet little nano, size doesn't matter apparently - it's how you use it. ;)

Nice pic George.

Nikon D70 or even the D80 would be a better choice of camara.
The Nikon is apparently easyer to use and has better final images than the cannon.
I Know for a fact that the cannon veiwing peice is very small almost too small. I have a cannon 300x T2 Rebal 35mm and playing with the 350D from that was abit of a shock. I too am saving for a digital SLR and im leaning towards the Nikon even though my existing lenses will fit the 350D ( my second choice! ). A good macro will be invaluable too but also expensive, but you can use closeup filters ( i use them ) that are only around £18 for three strengths of magnification X1, X2 and X4.

Graeme.
Yes, I've heard good things on the Nikons but my uncle already has some sweet lenses for me to use on the Canon. Justin Law and Oliver Knott both have the Canon and you've seen their work. If I can get close to their skills, both scaping and photography then I'll be happy with that.

Thanks for the input though pal. Pity you can't make the Festival tomorrow. :/

If those are the pics you can take without an SLR, then you'll be amazing with one. Great, great pics. :D

Fab photo's :good: the only decent pics I can get are of landscapes, will have to have a look into photography properly :)

Most reactions

Back