My Tetra Neons Are Fading!

I love my neons and have now only one of the original ones that started up my first aqurium. I hate barbs pity you are not closer we could swap

I have been lucky with my neons but once they have a bent spine like Wilder said it is cull those wuick to save the rest of the stock. I would also recommend a hospital tank for the others. It maybe the discus are not for them
never will I buy neons again, will get carnidalls next time. I did have a hospital tank but it broke!! Have just wought a new community tank and after cycled this one I have now will do as a hospital/grow out tank. I have ordered protozin, maybey it will reduce the spread of disease

I don't mean to make you avoid Tetras but I heard some of the Tetras beside Neons could have NTD.
But avoiding keeping Neons with Discus is good idea anyway. Since Discus could eat Neons. But I heard Cardinals are not safe from NTD either. The best you could do is seperate or eliminate the NTD fish as soon as from the other fish since I do believe they are still uncurable.
I do not about the Congo Tetra, you may need to research about them. And probably better keep eyes on any Tetras in the tank.
I mean you could keep the Discus in totally steril tank but those small Tetras are found with Discus in Nature. And like I said, the Discus would eat small fish like Neons as their meal. The NTD is one of those thing that could happen sometime but not often I hope. And I don't even know what is exact cause it.
I think best you could do is the prevention by maintanance of high quality water and not using the live food that may come from some not so clean water like tubflix. Maybe the alternative would be frozen food. I heard they are safer.

If you really want to keep neons keep them in a tank of there own, I did for a while and everything was great, bought some more and moved them to a bigger tank and dissaster struck

If you really want to keep neons keep them in a tank of there own, I did for a while and everything was great, bought some more and moved them to a bigger tank and dissaster struck
Ive killed all the tetras except one, cant catch the little beggar! it looks healthy but cant take any chances! All the other fish looks healthy except discus is always hiding. Think this is because of me disturbing whilst trying to catch the neons! Also, because i do water changes more often!

R.I.P.
Good luck.

R.I.P.
Good luck.
The last neon has gone! Managed to catch it last light! Im so so sad. Killing my poor fish is going to haunt me for the rest of my life! All the others seems to be okay. Thanks for all the advice peeps!

Sorry I know how you feel.
Ntd is awful on the fish too.
R.I.P.

Most reactions

Back