My tank

subopposite

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just seeing if I can actually upload a picture and have it be the right size and such. Hopefully it works.

Attachments

• Fishtank46redone.jpg
    Fishtank46redone.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 52
Sorry, no puffers. Yes, it is a bow front. It is a 46 gallon. What you see in there is what is in my signature, but up in the top left there are some guppies and an albino paradise fish and scattered are some gouramis.

For you DIY's, most of my decorations I did myself, except for all of the plants, which are in fact fake.
If you look all the way to the left by the slate, there is actually a piece of PVC underneath it. The PVC has is like an elbow curve and has a hole in the top right where the highest part of the slate is. I siliconed on substrate piece by piece on that PVC and it took an enormous amount of time. Probably 10 hours, but it was worth it to me. I put a plant in front of one of the openings to the pvc so it doesn't show the white as much and so the fishies feel more secure I suppose.
The other slabs of slate are also siliconed for fish protection and have an open cave as well, but you can't see it in the picture.
Just to the right of the Amazon sword plant, there is a tan rock formation. A while back, I bought some geodes on the internet in full form. I took a hammer to them and made some barriers with it by using silicone and that is how I made that.
All the way to the right is also all broken up by hammer geodes and has about 7 entrances and mini caves for the fish to go in and out of. That is where my pleco mainly stays as his home. He always hangs out at the opening all the way to the right.
Lastly, just a piece of driftwood in the middle. I have another piece soaking right now that is about half that size that will fit in there well with the other one. And that, is my first tank. So far all is well and healthy. Hopefully, it stays that way.

Most reactions

Back