My Tank

ive got a tank full of snails that i will be feeding them along with bloodworms and the occasional meal of brine shrimp

Is the rhizome of the Java Fern above the substrate? It needs to be attached to bogwood.

Dave.

not at the moment but they will be shortly when my wood is entered into the tank, its currently soaking

I would do much heavier planting around the sides and rear to give the puffers places to explore and hide when they get into fights. Dwarf Puffers look all cute and lovely until they have a fight, at which point you will need more planting to allow breathing space.

As much as DP's will tolerate each other, they are still Puffers hence unpredictable :)

Im actually in a quandry atm, i have a spare 65litre tank kicking about which is either going to be 5 Dwarf Puffers or 1/2 Fig8's.....hmmm

yeah, i only put the fish on a few days ago, and they have settled in really well but are already getting a bit 'chasy'

they all seemed to have claimed there part of the tank and god forbid if another of them wanders into it

more plants are coming soon, especially the Cryptocoryne willisii which i will be purchasing plenty more of ASAP

updated pictures BTW

i have now put my bogwood into the tank complete with attatched java, and added a few more plants, i do know the non aquatic ones will die off so i will replace with more suitable when the time comes

the puffers are certainly more happy today with these entries into the tank though, with each now claiming a spot in the tank as there own

apologies for the picture qaulity, i had to take them with the flash off and my camera is a pain

yeah cheers

its a lot more planted than appears on that photo as i can take panoramic photos with my camera and where the tank is situated its hard to take a good photo

they are much happier fish today though, they were starting to get a bit narky in a less leafy set-up

im still after more plants for them though, when those that arent suitable die off

Your tank looks great and you Puffer photos are fantastic! :good:
Amazing how something so cute and tiny can be so vicious!

your dwarf puffer tank is looking very nice now. when those none aquatic plants die off, just replace with aquatic ones. when i first added my dwarf puffers to the tank they are in now, they did chase each other and have small scraps with each other, till a rank is achived. you just need to not interfear much, provide lots of cover and plants/wood/decorations and let them decide which ones boss, lol. as for aggressiveness, its 2 and 2. i have 1 puffer a lone, an aggressive bugger who attacks anything, and another 3 in a bigger tank living well with ottos and apple snails. they are very pieceful and relaxed. it all depends on the puffer its self.
good luck with them, keep up updated with pictures.

Most reactions

Back