My Tank Setup, Fish Compatibilty?

Squid31

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 40G Freshwater tank and I'm wondering if these fish will be compatible?
x8 neon tetra
x6 tiger barbs
x1 red tail shark
x2 gouramis

If so what type of gouramis would be the best fit? Any tips would be appreciated! I'm new to the forum!

Thank You
cool1.gif

Hi :) Welcome to the forum!

I would do a slightly different mix - maybe miss out the Neon Tetras as they are a little too small I think for the other fish and might not be able to cope with the fiesty nature of the other three species in there.

I would do maybe Opeline Gouramis (any colour mix) and then up the tiger barbs to 10 the shark by its self and then maybe some room left for something like a trio of Upside Down Catfish?

Wills

Wills said:
Hi
smile.png
Welcome to the forum!

I would do a slightly different mix - maybe miss out the Neon Tetras as they are a little too small I think for the other fish and might not be able to cope with the fiesty nature of the other three species in there.

I would do maybe Opeline Gouramis (any colour mix) and then up the tiger barbs to 10 the shark by its self and then maybe some room left for something like a trio of Upside Down Catfish?

Wills
Thanks I appreciate it! I love the look of the opalines, and catfish where on my mind im glad you said that. thanks for your help, and I may be asking more questions soon lol.
happy.png

Most reactions

Back