My tank remoleding

jerenycool

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have a 30 gallon tank with a neeld nose gar and 2 convicts. i was wanting to but so more plants and fish in it. like redo th landscape of it. what should i use?

do alot of research first...find if you want big rock, driftwood, or combo, live plants,or plastic....blah,blah,blah....just have fun and put in stuff that will make ur tankmates happy...Have fun!

what would be better the rock or some drift wood? and i want rel plants which ones should i use?

i have some live plants in there now thought but there going to another tank. where can i get some driftwood?

if you have a breeding pair of convicts in there, they will enjoy a little cave with a peice of slate to lay thier eggs on. convicts lay eggs on smooth surfaces that they clean totally. convicts will eat the leafier and softer plants ime. the more fibrous tougher plants they will not touch unless they are desperate for food.

sf

don't forget a test kit also. i noticed from other posts that you are feeding the gar feeder fish. make the conditions of the tank suitable for the convicts to breed and they should provide the gar with enough live food for him. they will breed about every 6 weeks with about 150-200 fry. i have two pairs of convicts that are in my red devil tank that give them live food.

sf

;) yep i live in nebraska and the closet pet store to me is like ten miles away which stinks because i dnont get to go out there much.

You should take back the gar since it will outgrow that tank. When the cons breed, you will have a dead gar also. Either it will suffer from lack of room or die from the cons beating it to death.

Most reactions

Back