My tank, at last!

Helium_Junkie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So here we go, first though, this is the tank when it was first set up:

Pictures in this thread

A lot has changed, here is the tank now :)

Dscf0009.jpg

Dscf0125.jpg

That is the tank with the moonlight on, I think it looks pretty wonderful and as soon as its turned on and the main lights go out the fish act completely different!

Here are some of the inhabitants :)

Dscf0118.jpg

3 (of 5) Glass cats, 2 (of 4) black phantoms, hard to spot number 2. The Rubbernose sucking on the slate is Martha, here is the other rubbernose, Arthur:

Dscf0061.jpg

Arthur and Martha together:

Dscf0043.jpg

Todays purchase was 2 Mollies and 5 Glass cats. One of the Mollies is a silver Lyretail, seen here with my most recent Guppy:

Dscf0068.jpg

Dscf0079.jpg

Dscf0098.jpg

The other was a poka-dot, top left here:

Dscf0090.jpg

These 3 golden pencils frequently swim right up to the Oto's, I think they are trying to work out if they are Oto's too :p :

Dscf0092.jpg

The other 2 glass cats seem to like the end of the tank:

Dscf0097.jpg

The yellow guppy is named Sampson:

Dscf0099.jpg

A good picture of Pongo, my white and black dalmation stye Guppy:

Dscf0100.jpg

The tank again I love this thing :) It's a Fluval Duo 1200, 120*40cm

Dscf0109.jpg

And the largest fish in the tank are two Gold Gourami:

Dscf0104.jpg

Its very interesting to watch them sit under the floating plants we have, staring at me as I take pictures of everyone.

Dscf0112.jpg

They shy away from the camera, making it hard to get good pictures of them.

Dscf0082.jpg

Dscf0080.jpg

And thats my tank :D I am very happy with it, and hope that it will be the first of many :)

There are more pictures on the webspace at My Fish Pictures, please enjoy them :)

Thanks!

-Matt

i wish i could redo my community8 tank :(. I would put some neons in there, ge t 2 more glass cats, maybe 2 upside down cats. or just 2 angels and a few giant neons.

btw awesome tank

i love it .. ill nominate for TOTM.. very nice inhabitants as well

nibbles said:
i love it .. ill nominate for TOTM.. very nice inhabitants as well
Thanks! Wow :D

Thanks all for the kind opinions :) I am very proud of this tank, cant wait till I can afford the next one :D

The moonlight is something I really love too, makes certain colours really stand out as well :)

chrisfagan16 said:
did you use a Tripod for them pics?
For some pics I used a tripod. The problem is the camera has very few programmable options. I really need to use my gf's camera (which isn't digital :/ ) to get the perfect pictures.

The tripod helps when using the sustained picture mode (more light, no flash), and the flash cant be de-activated so I covered it with cardboard so as not to blind the fishies.

I'm experimenting to find the best way to get the pictures.

The majority didn't use the tripod though.

Why do you ask? :)

You've got that tank looking amazing!

I've not bought my tank yet as still moving into my new house and still can't decide between the 38g and 65g tank in my LFS but if it ends up looking anything like yours I'll be delighted!

Good job mate!

usually i dont like ornaments in tanks but yours are very tastefully done! they work really well in there.
nice tank! :)

jacblades said:
usually i dont like ornaments in tanks but yours are very tastefully done! they work really well in there.
nice tank! :)
me too !!!!! nice tank Junkie , like the moon light .

Stupid question...but what kind of hood are you using to have two kinds of lights, but only one on at a time?

Awesome tank! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

Ok, hehe. Thanks again for all the kind remarks :) Questions:

Do those plecs eat algae?
Yes, but nowhere near as fast as the Oto's! If you want algae eaten, 4 Oto's will do the trick :)

What kind of hood allows 2 lights different time
None ;) The hood has 2 lights, a sun-glo and aqua-glo (UV style). These only come on together. We bought a blue light with a controller and drilled holes in the hood for the clips :) A bit of DIY later and the effect was absolutely brilliant :)

Jacblades, thank you very much, I spent a long time trying to get it looking right, my gf had the best ideas, like putting the slate under the front of the boat, and the arrangement of the plants :)
She's more creative than me ;)

Most reactions

Back