My Small Planted Tank.

guppy_man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
This is my small planted tank that ive just re-done. It has Co2, 2 15w lights and doseing with liquid ferts.

I have java moss growing at the front trying to see if it will cover the 2 terracotta pots, because i think it will look nice once grown into a carpet, if not then riccia will do the job :good:

I have java fern and anubis nana growing on some lava rock, anubis nana growing on the wood and cabomba growing nicely at the back.

Only have a male guppy in atm, he may be staying in there or going back in my main tank. Hes been in there for over 3 weeks to help cycle the tank.

I will have the tank full of cherry shrimp this week hopefully, ive always wanted a nice small green tank full of red shrimp for some reason :D
Anyway heres some pics...

DSCF9787.jpg

DSCF9796.jpg

DSCF9799.jpg

DSCF9798.jpg

DSCF9797.jpg

DSCF9791.jpg

DSCF9790.jpg

Its the first time ive ever got cabomba to pearl so chuffed with that. I think once afew cherries go in it will look good.

Wow the cabomba are so green and full looks good. Like a forest. I like the wood peaking out the top. Little shrimp will look nice. I have a 10 gal I might turn into a heavly planted tank.

Cheers for the comments, ill post some pics when i get some shrimp. :good: I love the cabomba, great lookin plant once settled.

Oh and btw ive made a lid out of clear plastic sheeting, so the shrimp cant go sky diving. (which has happened to me before) i wasnt happy.

Doesn't that filter work against the whole CO2 concept??? Not criticizing, just realying what I have read on this board...

Doesn't that filter work against the whole CO2 concept??? Not criticizing, just realying what I have read on this board...

No because where the water is being put back into the tank there is no disturbance to lose co2, because of the water level.

Tank looks very nice. Shrimpies will love it. :good:

How's your puffer tank going btw?

Lovely tank, looks really nice, watch your shrimp don't walk out of the tank, you will have them running around on the floor :lol:

Most reactions

Back