My Shrimp Photos

Hey guys!

Thank you very much :) I used a Canon EOS 400D, together with a macro-lense and a 430EX Flashlight for this pictures. A little bit expensive, but I think its worth the money... ;)

What restrictions do you have there in GB? I think, if you want, there is always a way to get such shrimps :D
Germany has strict restrictions, too, but nothing is impossible :)

Now I am working on a international Grade-Table for you guys. Please give me a little more time.

amazing pictures, and really nice shrimp. :good:
i like the red bee shrimps best too :D

I really want some for my tank :( but i think my fish would eat them!

Hey guys!

Thank you very much :) I used a Canon EOS 400D, together with a macro-lense and a 430EX Flashlight for this pictures. A little bit expensive, but I think its worth the money... ;)

What restrictions do you have there in GB? I think, if you want, there is always a way to get such shrimps :D
Germany has strict restrictions, too, but nothing is impossible :)

Now I am working on a international Grade-Table for you guys. Please give me a little more time.

Restrictions aren't that bad in the UK. So long as it's not for resale you can quite happily import tropical shrimp species for keeping in tanks from other EU countries without licenses or any paperwork other than the usual customs declaration form.

I got most of my shrimp from a German breeder, who also sells deep blue tiger shrimp (which like yours often appear black from a distance) for 15 EUR each, no where near the amount you seem to have paid. lol

The UK market stinks, with a poor variety of species available and retailers charging way over the odds for even these few. Importing is practically a must for anybody serious about the hobby.

Ade

Restrictions aren't that bad in the UK. So long as it's not for resale you can quite happily import tropical shrimp species for keeping in tanks from other EU countries without licenses or any paperwork other than the usual customs declaration form.

I got most of my shrimp from a German breeder, who also sells deep blue tiger shrimp (which like yours often appear black from a distance) for 15 EUR each, no where near the amount you seem to have paid. lol

The UK market stinks, with a poor variety of species available and retailers charging way over the odds for even these few. Importing is practically a must for anybody serious about the hobby.

Ade

I see, very interesting. Seems to be easier than importing to Germany :D

Between Deep Blue Tiger Shrimps and Black Tiger Shrimps is a big difference in heritage. The black color is not a dark blue, it is the result of selective breeding and the color comes from very very broad black tiger-stripes, which cover the whole body. As you can imagine, it is quite a lot of work and that's why they are a little bit more expensive ;)

I'm aware of the 'true' black tiger shrimp, that as you rightly say are created by breeding to get the black bands to join. I mistakenly didn't think that your shrimp looked like these however. 200 EUR still seems a little on the high side though, I am sure I have seen them for less than this, but not 100% certain of this, either way I wouldn't pay it.

Ade

Most reactions

Back