My Shopping List

Disaster
Yesterday my plants arrived, brilliant!, I cleaned them all and spent half the day planting until I was happy with them and I thought it looked brilliant. I had 2x Nutrafin CO2 systems but when I went to use them both yeast packs were out of date I had a few bubbles for about an hour then they stopped. I found some yeast in the kitchen and decided to use that. I set it up again and all was working fine. At about 9:00pm the bubbles went a bit mad and when I came back 5 mins later the tank was opaque the yeast solution had pumped up the tube into the tank. The canister was still upright I don't know what happened.

So this morning another back braking 90% water change. The plants looked a bit dodgy but hopefully they will recover.

Don't know if this will delay my cycle more, I do hope not.

So onto my fish ideas.

• 1 x L015 Candy striped plec
  • 6 x Sterbai Corydoras
  • 10 x Cardinal Tetras
  • 2 x Rainbow Chiclids

I am hoping that this will allow me to expand in the future. Are any other these territorial or aggressive?

The LFS had a good selection of plecs bu I fell in love with the L015 will this be any good in my tank?

Sounds :good: to me.

I wasn't sure regarding the plec but after a quick search on google it seems it only grows to a max of around 6" so it would be fine in your tank.

I cant see any major issues regarding compatibility and the tank seems fairly lightly stocked so I dont envisage any probs.

It will look stunning when its all completed.

Hows the cycle coming on?

Andy

2 x Bristlenose Plecs
6 x Corydoras (undecided exactly what yet)
9 x Cardinal Tetras
1 x Candy Stripe Plecs
3 x Discus
11 x guppies/Angels
5 x Endlers

2 x Bristlenose Plecs
9 x Cardinal Tetras
1 x Candy Stripe Plecs
3 x Discus
11 x guppies/Angels
5 x Endlers

Discus and angels should NOT be kept together.

To have those fish you would need at least a 6 or 7ft tank.

Sounds :good: to me.

I wasn't sure regarding the plec but after a quick search on google it seems it only grows to a max of around 6" so it would be fine in your tank.

I cant see any major issues regarding compatibility and the tank seems fairly lightly stocked so I dont envisage any probs.

It will look stunning when its all completed.

Hows the cycle coming on?

Andy

Yeah I had a quick look on planet catfish to see the max size of this plec but I know that these sites can only tell you so much, you guys are the real experts.

I hope it will look good when complete, I will let you know tomorrow reference the cycle as I'm unsure what stage its at after yesterdays setback.

2 x Bristlenose Plecs
9 x Cardinal Tetras
1 x Candy Stripe Plecs
3 x Discus
11 x guppies/Angels
5 x Endlers

Discus and angels should NOT be kept together.

To have those fish you would need at least a 6 or 7ft tank.

Thats what I was thinking afishdude lol

Andy

Got my Sterbai corydoras 6no today, I didn't get the other fish as they are at a different shop. I intend to get the candy stripe plec and the rainbow cichlid next week, please tell me if this will be too soon?

img3551h.jpg

Thanks for everyones help selecting these fish :good:

Leaving a week should be fine, just make sure you keep an eye on your water stats now that you have added the corys incase you experience a 'mini cycle'

Andy

Most reactions

Back