My Reward

HappyGeorge

Fish Herder
Reaction score
As a reward for spending last weekend and the previous 3 weeks completing a fairly large remodel of the garden in much shorter time than expected I have been allowed to start decorating this weekend :huh: . So yesterday I repainted the utility room, ceiling, woodwork and walls and today I got to rebuild one end of the kitchen and paint, tomorrow I get to plaster and fit skirting board! On the bright side though my Mrs has just told me she will buy me an MP40 for my FOWLR system with her next months bonus money :hyper:

Blimey mate thats an awful lot of work for a powerhead! lol

I'd demand a complete tank, sump, rock, and fish for all that! lol

I like my mp40 but i find it noisy.

The one I have got for my reef tank is very quiet no complaints. The next one will be at the far end of the lounge even further away than reef tank so no concerns about noise.

I like my mp40 but i find it noisy.

The one I have got for my reef tank is very quiet no complaints. The next one will be at the far end of the lounge even further away than reef tank so no concerns about noise.

Maybe mine is faulty. Have it aligned but sounds like someone is driving a small lawn mower round my bedroom at night.

nope but i kinda figured that would massively reduce flow ?

Well you can set the flow rate for night mode yourself mines set at 40%, and it's on constantly so you won't get the changing noise at night, can't imagine pulse mode is much fun in your bedroom :huh: . It automatically goes into night mode the same time every night. I know there are huge discussions about whether it's good or bad but my tanks fine and I use it and I'm sure if it was that detrimental a company like Vortech wouldn't spend good money building an intelligent one into their units.

Just thought I add that I just bought my first vortech (MP40) and I LOVE it.
I still don't think the $300 I spent on it is an appropriate price though! :shout:

I personally think the night mode is more of a preference than anything.
I HIGHLY doubt anyone saying its detrimental has an real facts supporting it.
I personally don't use it though, I may be wrong but I don't think the flow slows on the reef at night.

Either way that it a very nice reward, although if she paid you by the hour you could have 10 of them!
Nick D.

Most reactions

Back