My Relocation/rescape Journal

Fats

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,im going to be moving my 165L tank from one side of the chimney breast to the other reason being ive bought an external canister filter and need somewhere to house it(wife wont let me modify the unit it stands on now) :rolleyes: So im going to be making one which is also going incorporate Sky box and Xbox360 and also mount the tv on the wall(im sure it would be easier to just buy a stand). Ive wanted to change the substrate for a while now as i want to use playsand,its got white aquarium sand in at the moment which came with the tank but i find it no good for planting in,ive used playsand before and found it miles better for holding plants down and IMO they seem to grow better also. I also want to add soem kind of plant substrate as well which upto now is going to be 100% clay non clumping cat litter so i think this is the best time to do this seeing as im going to virtually emptying it anyway.

So here is a pic of it at the moment,the lid is slightly raised at one side due to the pipes from the external. The tanks in a bit of a mess at the moment,the long tray at the front is housing guppy fry and small one to the left has some flame moss(courtesy of loops :good: ) in due to be tied to the piece of sumantra wood which has also just been plonked in there for now because i haven't got a big enough bucket to soak it in. Sorry for rambling on a bit,heres the pics.

All ideas and criticism welcome.
Thanks
Ian

Tank1.jpg

Some of the house mates

Angels1.jpg

These 2 spawned last week but sadly lost them all :sad:

Nosey1.jpg

There is always one nosey one :rolleyes:

BNs.jpg

sterbai.jpg

Ram2.jpg

You have beautiful fish and a stunning tank. I can't wait to see what you do with it once you've moved it, changed substrate, ect.

Stunning! Really quite beautiful. Nice colors on the cory and ram, what kind are they?

Thanks,the corys are sterbai's the Rams i think there German Blue Rams but not sure,i got them from Pets At Home last September,they do colour up a lot more than that. I will try and get a pic of them in full colour.

Thanks
Ian

your tank looks really good!

are you using any co2?

your tank looks really good!

are you using any co2?

Thanks Ianho,im only using Aqua Essentials liquid Co2. Im forever cutting it back or picking out all the plantlets coming off the 3 java ferns i have in there same with the java moss you can see in the centre of the tank there is a java moss stick that ive just took a big clump off to put in the fry tank at the top. They grow alot quicker than they did before i started using it.

Thanks
Ian

Nice job mate :) Some crackin pics too, if you dont mind me asking, what camera do you have?

Thanks,i used a Canon Powershot A2000 IS, it was a xmas present from the wife,so just practicing really with differant settings.

Thanks
Ian

Thanks again for all your comments,ive nearly finished building the unit for the tank to sit on,im hopefully going to be moving it over in on Sunday all being well although ive no doubt it something will crop up wreck my plans :rolleyes: Im trying to decide whether or not to but a background on it,i dont mind it without the background at the moment because i have no pipes or wires visible behind it but i will when i move it over,i dont want to go for one of them stick on ones and begrudge paying the price for a 3D one so im thinking of spaying it but not sure what colour,if anybody knows of any other alternative i would love to hear it.

Thanks
Ian

What I do is take a black trash bag, and tape it to the back.

Thanks Betta,do you have any pics of yours? or are you gonna make me go and get a black bag now and try it :lol:

Thanks
Ian

Most reactions

Back