My pregnant Swordtail!!!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lazarusthefishboy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a pregnant swordtail that I just wanted to show you all because it is a pretty cool thing to happen! And let me know how many fry you think she will give birth too!

Your angels does NOT look good! I though it was gravid at first but on second though it looks like bloat. And what happened to its fins?
Well, as you could tell the angel fish was getting quite nipped at, so I am taking it to a pet store TODAY and give him a bigger and friendlier home. I don't think it is bloat, but certainly not dropsy. she does not have scales pinconing on its sides. But thank you for your thoughts.

Well, as you could tell the angel fish was getting quite nipped at, so I am taking it to a pet store TODAY and give him a bigger and friendlier home. I don't think it is bloat, but certainly not dropsy. she does not have scales pinconing on its sides. But thank you for your thoughts.
Yes. What fish is doing the nipping? Im glad you are rehoming it. :) Well if it's pineconing it suspect bloat. Anyway. Thanks for doing what is best for the fish! :)

Yes. What fish is doing the nipping? Im glad you are rehoming it. :) Well if it's pineconing it suspect bloat. Anyway. Thanks for doing what is best for the fish! :)
thank you for your friendly words. The angelfish is nipping at the pearl gouramies who are nipping it back. and my zebra danio gets a little nippy sometimes.

thank you for your friendly words. The angelfish is nipping at the pearl gouramies who are nipping it back. and my zebra danio gets a little nippy sometimes.
Yeah Angel's and gourami arent really comparable. Glad you caught it before you woke up to one or more dead fish..... :) be sure to research compatability before purchasing fish. Or just ask here!

Yeah Angel's and gourami arent really comparable. Glad you caught it before you woke up to one or more dead fish..... :) be sure to research compatability before purchasing fish. Or just ask here!
Tell that to my angels. lol They've had gourami tankmates in the bast. No problems. But to be fair I never had them with a pearl.
np. Goctya.

Tell that to my angels. lol They've had gourami tankmates in the bast. No problems. But to be fair I never had them with a pearl.

np. Goctya.
Interesting. Mine despised my gourami. Very much. My mum had the same experience

Most reactions

Back