My platies

Fishyboi27

Reaction score
So yesterday night i noticed my one yellow and black platie was chilling in the corner staring at itself and I woke up the next morning to the fish being at the top at kinda a angle and he wont eat so I did a water change to see if that help but now my other yellow and black platie is slapping his tail on a radican sword leaf but none of my swordtails did it so does anyone know what's wrong

20210402_112318.jpg
he just moved after like 30 mins of being still in the front of the tank

tbh
What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?
Is the tank cycled?
Tbh idk but they shouldn't be that bad because I do a 25 or 50 percent water change every weeks on all my other tanks and I've been trying to save money up for more root feeding plants to eat the nitrates up

Doesn't mean your fish are in the best care they could be in; being alive is one thing, truly living is another
I understand I just ordered the test kit I'll see what's wrong with the tank I think might be a ammonia problem but I will see

tbh

Tbh idk but they shouldn't be that bad because I do a 25 or 50 percent water change every weeks on all my other tanks and I've been trying to save money up for more root feeding plants to eat the nitrates up
He's very fin-clamped. Please do an emergency water change of 75%, making sure to use a declorinator, and to temperature match the new water to the tank temperature before adding it into the tank.

If the ammonia is high, a large water change will remove 75% of it, and hopefully dilute what remains enough to be less harmful. Until you can test the water and be sure of the levels, it's safest to act as though ammonia is high, and do the large water changes to make sure the water is safe in the meantime.

Once that is done, please come back and let us know more details about the tank! Can copy/paste the template below and fill out the answers you know, and this should help us diagnose what's happening/happened in your tank :)

Tank size:
tank age:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

Most reactions

Back