My Planted 30

guidedbyechoes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
l_3fc00facc1fa58e62cd4de4bf9413f7e.jpg

Here is my 30 gallon. I use DIY co2 injection. 4 watts per gallon. Thinking of getting some flourish. Fluorite under the substrate. I can never get the water crystal clear for some reason. Fish are a 3 spot gourami, flame honey gourami, 6 guppies (1 male, 3 females, 2 juvis) 3 panda cories and 5 ghost shrimp. Airator under rock pile one the right and a cave behind the temples.
plants are

2 MARBLE VALLISNERIA

1 AMAZON SWORD

1 RUBIN SWORD

6 DWARF CHAIN TENNELLUS

2 RED TEMPLE

2 FLORIDA MONEYWORT

4 RUFFLE SWORD

1 ANACHARIS

2 CABOMBA

1 MELON SWORD

I think that pretty much sums it up. Any tips for arranging. I just planted it today. The tanks been running since last October. So everything was cycled and good to go.

It looks good!

The only thing I suggest is cutting back on the light. 4 wpg is really high, you need pressurized CO2 and lots of ferts to maintain that lighting level. Or else you are going to have major algae problems. 2wpg would be fine for that tank. Also the HOB filter is going to be driving off any CO2 that you add to the tank.

It looks good!

The only thing I suggest is cutting back on the light. 4 wpg is really high, you need pressurized CO2 and lots of ferts to maintain that lighting level. Or else you are going to have major algae problems. 2wpg would be fine for that tank. Also the HOB filter is going to be driving off any CO2 that you add to the tank.

I forgot to mention the microswords. I can just pull a bulb and be close to 2 watts per gallon. Is the large amount of algae causing my water to turn green? Also HOB stands for what exactly?

Not sure if you can run it with only half the bulbs, you should probably ask in the planted or hardware section. If your water is turning green, I'd suspect the lights. Was it ever green before you added the light?

HOB= Hang on Back filter. CO2 is driven off by surface movement. The HOB filter is going to remove the CO2 from the water when it pours it back into the tank. I would suggest switching it for a internal filter or canister, since those won't drive off the CO2.

Not sure if you can run it with only half the bulbs, you should probably ask in the planted or hardware section. If your water is turning green, I'd suspect the lights. Was it ever green before you added the light?

HOB= Hang on Back filter. CO2 is driven off by surface movement. The HOB filter is going to remove the CO2 from the water when it pours it back into the tank. I would suggest switching it for a internal filter or canister, since those won't drive off the CO2.

I just pulled one and its till going! I have always had these lights with this setup and the water never stays clear. I put the fish in a 25 and there was no problem. SO that must be it. I'm bummed about the filter, I have two of those. Could I possibly put the diffuser lower in the tank where there would be less water movement and get similar results?

Tanks doing great water has cleared up a ton from lowering the wpg. THe swords are still going perfectly. I would update with pics but the cam battery is dead and I can't find the charger....

Most reactions

Back