My planted 2.5er

Itty Bitty Betta said:
Botia loach? How big do those get?
you're so sheltered :lol: just kidding

there are different species and different sizes , not sure if one that eats snails can live long in your 2.5 ,

I would suggest a skunk loach though , try a google search.

Also I think freshmike and cometcattle may know a few things about loaches .

I've kept skunks and modesta , the modestas got about 5" before I traded them off , the skunks I had for a few years before they died , both were excellent snailers :lol: the shunks lived in a 15 gal.

chain loaches are small , expensive , saw some yesterday $15.99 each 3 for $44.99 and I have no idea if they'll eat snails . the skunks I got at petland discounts for much less .

saw some skunks at petland today $1.49 each 3 for $ 4.49

All too big for a 2.5. Just smush the snails for Buttons.....he will love you for it. :nod:

MmMmM escargot! :drool:

I leave them on the glass, but Buttons shows no interest.... Hmmm.... I think they just fall to the gravel and become compost for the plants.

Now I know why my Hornwart is growing so fast... Increased light makes it grow - and I have the tank light on at least 14 hours a day. :crazy:

kaley822 said:
very nice tank, i have that same rock cave thing :)
Thanx! Isn't it just great! It just happened to be the right size. :) I feel like getting 3 more 2.5ers, but I don't have any room.... :(

I had a couple snails in my 20g when i bought some plants last week
I counted 5 or 6 at least, very very tiny, like a pen point.

Anyway, I put a betta in the tank for a few hours overnight and i haven't seen the snails since...

Give them time. :sly:
I've killed about 8 so far, and I counted 4 more this morning before I went to work. These are fast little buggers!

Itty Bitty Betta said:
Now I know why my Hornwart is growing so fast... Increased light makes it grow - and I have the tank light on at least 14 hours a day. :crazy:
Yes , but what about the snails ?

Most reactions

Back