My Old 60 Ltr

sparkycufc

Reaction score
and starting to get a bit of progress.

I'm hoping that it will be finished by the end of February as that is when I will be able to afford to start stocking it. Originally I had planned to use it as a hospital/quarantine tank but she who must be obeyed has decided it will look nice at the top of the stairs. So to my question...

In my 125 ltr I have

10 Neon Tetra
10 Pygmy Cory
2 Dwarf Honey Gourami
5 Ember Tetra
3 Kuhlii Loaches

and I really want to go less is more in the 60 ltr. Less but larger fish as it were. So what does everyone think might be nice?

and starting to get a bit of progress.

I'm hoping that it will be finished by the end of February as that is when I will be able to afford to start stocking it. Originally I had planned to use it as a hospital/quarantine tank but she who must be obeyed has decided it will look nice at the top of the stairs. So to my question...

In my 125 ltr I have

10 Neon Tetra
10 Pygmy Cory
2 Dwarf Honey Gourami
5 Ember Tetra
3 Kuhlii Loaches

and I really want to go less is more in the 60 ltr. Less but larger fish as it were. So what does everyone think might be nice?
umm wow.......
I cant really understand your wording, but i'll try my best. you have around 33 gal. witch is pretty good.
you have enough space.
((and I really want to go less is more in the 60 ltr. Less but larger fish as it were. So what does everyone think might be nice?)) i have no clue waht you mean, or what your asking. I dont understand any of it. at all

umm wow.......
I cant really understand your wording, but i'll try my best. you have around 33 gal. witch is pretty good.
you have enough space.
((and I really want to go less is more in the 60 ltr. Less but larger fish as it were. So what does everyone think might be nice?)) i have no clue waht you mean, or what your asking. I dont understand any of it. at all

He's asking what to put in his 60l tank, and would prefer a smaller number of large (impressive?) fish. I'm interested in hearing responses.

ohh. well than i sugest a discus chiclid, there really impressive from my point of veiw, also if you get a chiclid its best to only get chiclids. Theres also mako sharks witch are semi agressive, but are very nice but are the average size

I know the 60 ltr will be too small for sharks and I am looking at just putting 3 or 4 fish in it as although I love the smaller shoaling fish I want to try something different in this tank.

i thought it was 33 gallons? but if its only 60 liters than you dont really have many options other than small fish, evan if you only want 3 big fish they still need a lot of room to swim. :rolleyes:

i thought it was 33 gallons? but if its only 60 liters than you dont really have many options other than small fish, evan if you only want 3 big fish they still need a lot of room to swim. :rolleyes:

I don't want 'big' fish, just fish bigger thjan the shoals of neons and pygmy cory that I have currently.

You could have a single-species tank of a fish that normally wouldn't be a good member in a community of smaller fish.

Some possibilities for that would be a Rosy Barb tank (or, less aggressive and smaller would be cherry barbs.)

Or, in the tetra department you could think about Bleeding Hearts or Lemon Tetras. Either of these in a nice shoal with plants would be pretty impressive when larger.

Overall I know you were probably leaning not to the above type things but perhaps toward fewer fish with perhaps more personality, in which case Davo or some of others experienced in cichlids may need to suggest from among the many small cichlid types...

~~waterdrop~~

What about having something very striking and colourful, like Apistogramma cacatoides. They are beautiful, I just thought they were pretty. dont know much about them, or guourami or Betta male with some minnows/ norman lampeyes/ glowlight danios?
Or about 10 guppys/ 10 platys/ 10 mollies

apistogramma borrellii would be good you could have a pair
nanochromis transvestitus a pair of these fish look great
laetacara curviceps also look great
a figure 8 puffer is awsome but you can only keep 1 and they eat more snails than the french lol
you could try 2 silver dollars but thats pushing it a bit really you would probs end up re housing them in 12 months personally i would go with a pair of dwarf cichlids then if they breed its a bonus for you

Most reactions

Back