My Ocean Reef

HI

i would only get a pair if there is a group of neon gobies the dominate one will kill them off so stick with 2 and they will be fine i added about 7 of them before i got the achilles tang but they do a faantastic job but i only have 2 left as the bigger one just bullied the rest

regards scott

they will clean your hand when you do algea stuff like that there not shy lol

if i were you i would swap the blue hermits for all reds, or you could come home to a few casualties! i would also throw a handful of nerite snails into the mix

Well, to be honest the blue legs are better workers, seem to eat more, so I would always go for the blues. Would agree you need some sand shifting snails, like Nass Vibex or ceriths

Seffie x

How many Ceriths should i get then. Would 3 be ok?

Ok Tank has arrived!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :yahoo:

OS.jpg

FTS.jpg

So i think a trip to my LFS is in order tomorrow for some salt water.

Woo hoo....................now you start the journey for real

Seffie x

ps that looks exactly like a juwel with the internal taken out?

Woo hoo....................now you start the journey for real

Seffie x

ps that looks exactly like a juwel with the internal taken out?

It is a Juwel 240 but with the internal left in. Taken the media out and am going to put some LR in. Should i run the Tetratec aswell?

Thats a great looking tank!

Thanks Ben

yes run the tetra tec also and you can alway add live rock rubble to the filter i use the same filter on my fowlr they are good filters

regards scott

You can, but to be honest I see no real point - you could put everything in the internal, like lr, rowa, heater, just ensure you also put the small pump that comes with the tank in as well for circulation within the internal box - you might want to think about adapting the sponge filter holder to take the lr so you can easily take it out to give the bottom of the internal a suck out with the syphon :good:

Seffie x

Bit of an update for you, i am currently having a problem with a cloudy tank (I think it is from the sand as have removed loads of dust/silt that had settled on top of the sand). It is clearing very very slowly so i think that a 100% water change is in order at the weekend. On another note Live Rock is now in the tank.

I would not go doing an expensive 100% water change just yet m8t. :crazy:
Try stuffing your external filter with filter floss and change daily it will soon clear up :good:
ps nice looking tank :drool:

Yahoo! :yahoo: Tank is now crystal clear. I have feather dusters growing on one piece of LR, Mushrooms on another and what looks like kelp on another, cant count how many little starfish and snails there is but YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Now need a test kit and hopefully some live stock.

It's really exciting isn't, you seem to noticce something difffernt every time to watch the tank - are your family hooked yet?

Seffie x

It's really exciting isn't, you seem to noticce something difffernt every time to watch the tank - are your family hooked yet?

Seffie x
My mum is. What fish should be added first: Clownfish, Royal Gramma or Flasher Wrasse?

Do you think it would be ok to add 2 clowns and a wrasse at the same time?

Most reactions

Back