My New Tank

Matt_northants

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Thought I would start a post on my new tank, after 25yrs of fishkeeping decided to take the plunge LOL into marines.

My new tank is 90cm x 30cm x 38cm. Its got 10kg of Fijian Live Rock, and 72litres of salt water in it at the moment.

Its being run on a Fluval 3 and Fluval 4 internal filters, old ones that I wasnt using. One contains RowaPhos and the other Carbon.

Heating is via a Visitherm 100W

And lighting at present is just a 18W T8, though I am waiting for my new T5s to turn up, in a homemade hood built from UPVC and HDF.

My water has finally got 0 ammonia and nitrite so am getting some sand tomorrow and going to set everything up into its final position. Then on Saturday going looking for some snails and Hermits.

Hi got my lights so now have 3 x 39W T5 marine white tubes and 1 x 18W T8 marine actinic tube. Could anyone please let me know what sort of intensity I will have at the top, middle and the bottom of the tank? I only want to keep low light and moderate light soft corals such as Mushrooms, a Leather Toadstool, Polyps and Button Polyps.
Didnt get my CUC as I was tempted by a pair of Apistogramma Elizabethae Red, cant seem to kick that Dwarf Cichlid bug!

Thanks, so will my lighting intensity be moderate at the top and low in the bottom and middle layers? Just want to be careful when I get to adding my softies as I dont want to bleach them. All will they be ok at any tank depth as long as I start them at the bottom and slowly move them towards the surface?

Gonna be tough to bleach most corals with that light, I wouldn't be that concerned...

Finally got my clean up crew

4 Turbo snails

4 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermits

2 Red Legged Hermits

And also got a digital camera! LOL

IMG_0020.jpg

I think I went slightly crazy on picking extra shells for my hermits, I dont think any will ever fit into the 5 large ones!

IMG_0021.jpg

Most reactions

Back