My new tank :dunno:

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

oscarmanpimpin

Reaction score
Well i just got a 50 gallon sea clear tank with a stand and canopy off ebay! And guess what it only cost me 87 dollars even, he lived local so i could get pickup/shipping free. Now if u think this is a deal mention it. Now anywayz im here to ask what they think decoration would look good along with an oscar and a giant pleco. Dont get into the tank size and filteration plz. Ummmm yah well i think i was gonna go with a clay pot. And mayb some driftwood. Well anywayz just mention whatever u guys think would look nice. :cool:

Go with some larger stones to create a cave, it looks wicked awesome. I don't care much for flower pots. Driftwood is cool, especially if you can get one of those nice large centerpieces.

I like the carved lava rock they carry in some fish stores. I also like large, flat pieces of slate or another rock such as that. I don't recommend any fake plants, because I find them garish, and an oscar will probably uproot any live plants. You should see Vip's gallery for inspiration. He has some amazing fish in some nice, but simple, setups.

Make sure that all caves/decorations are well seated...Common plecs like to dig alot and will shift things if they arent properly anchored. I assume when you say "giant" plec you mena a common. Also im not sure if a 50gal is adequate enough space for the fish you mentioned. IMO a 75gal + tank would be much better for the fish you mentioned. Congrats on the new tank.

Digital Run is right, they will need a larger aquarium. Maybe not right away, but both those fish will grow, and even within a year you may be needing a new tnk for Oscar dearest.

:kewlpics: i said not to get into tank size.. and what do u all do? GET into tank size. Its just gonna be a commin pleco, and one oscar. they will be fine. Ill set ^ a pic next..

thx db. its a 50 gal though. but i think they are better for oscars because once an oscar get big it could be a little hard to turn around in a 55. Plus i enjoy tall aquariums more. PLUS it was only 87 bucks for stand aquarium and conopy its just awesome.

In the end you'll need to keep the tank almost bare - because of the limited room you'll need as much of the tank volume as possible for the fish. For now you can go with anything you like, that's safe for the tank. I'm into natural - rocks and wood and stuff, rather then clay pots and such - but it's all personal opinion.

Most reactions

Back