My New Starlight Bn...suprisingly Popular! :d

Eines

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I finally got the fish that I have been thinking of getting for ages! A cute little starlight or blue bristlenose! He's a good size, around 2.5 inches or so and seems to be doing quite well. :hyper: I thought he was a female at the petstore, but upon closer inspection, he does have some tiny bristles on the edge of his nose, so I suppose I'll have to wait and see. Suprisingly, my angelfish seem to love him...in a weird sort of way. They haven't hurt/attacked him, but they've been following him around everywhere and sort of hovering over him, staring at him like he's an alien or something. It's so weird. He doesn't seem to mind though, lol!

I finally got the fish that I have been thinking of getting for ages! A cute little starlight or blue bristlenose! He's a good size, around 2.5 inches or so and seems to be doing quite well. :hyper: I thought he was a female at the petstore, but upon closer inspection, he does have some tiny bristles on the edge of his nose, so I suppose I'll have to wait and see. Suprisingly, my angelfish seem to love him...in a weird sort of way. They haven't hurt/attacked him, but they've been following him around everywhere and sort of hovering over him, staring at him like he's an alien or something. It's so weird. He doesn't seem to mind though, lol!

Confused lol, startlight or blue bristlenose..... which species is it startlight L182 or white seamed L183... love to see a pic

hmmm...I believe it is L183, but honestly, I didn't realize there is a difference. :huh: In German, they're called "blue Bristlenose catfish" and the latin name starts with a "d"... :D

Ancistrus dolichopterus...... L183 is now called a white seamed pleco..... never herd of it ever been called a blue bristlenose but i guess country to country they might have different names lol... very strange it be called a blue tho beens they have no blue relevence at all :p

Anyways would love to see some pics they are absolutley stunning plecs :)

I've seen them called blue something in NZ as well. I'm possibly going to get a couple in a few weeks time.

Ancistrus dolichopterus...... L183 is now called a white seamed pleco..... never herd of it ever been called a blue bristlenose but i guess country to country they might have different names lol... very strange it be called a blue tho beens they have no blue relevence at all :p

Anyways would love to see some pics they are absolutley stunning plecs :)

The seams on ours have a nice blue tint to them :)

Most reactions

Back