My New Office Betta

l.michelle

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I finally got my tank put into my office, I had it bought for a few days, then on Friday after work my boyfriend came to the office and we did all the washing and filling of the tank, no fish was yet bought. Tank.JPG

Put everything into it, it looked lovely. Just before we were leaving for the weekend I went to take one last look, put my hands on the desk in front into a puddle of water. There were two cracks in the bottom of the tank. But, I counted my blessings, could you imaging 5 gallons of water on the desk on Monday? eeeeeeeeeek.

So we got the tank replaced Saturday morning, checked it out at my boyfriend's house for cracks. Yesterday (Sunday) bought the fish and brought everything back to the office, and set the whole thing up. This morning, no leaks!!

Full.JPG

I am quite happy, because not even 10 minutes of being in the tank, the fish ate. However he seems to be scratching against the gravel, so I think he might have something. Will bring in my meds tomorrow for him.

And fish still has no name, if anyone has suggestions, I welcome them!

FIsh.JPG

Office_View.JPG

Ta Da!!

I am also thinking of putting a couple corys in with him, the pet store has panda cories, but I'm not sure how big they get, but yay I have company in my office now!

It looks very nice. :good:

Panda cories stay smaller than most cories, they stay under 2 inches, but many would argue not small enough for a 5 gallon tank. I've also heard they are more sensitive than other cories.

pygmy cories might fit in there.
He beautiful goodluck on finding a name. How bout madison? It's a shade of purple so could go quite well.

that is very cool :good: its kind of cool we both have the same tank and i have my white betta in there too!!!lol

by the way babybell he's kind of a boy...lol...i don't think it really matters

Awww, l.michelle, the tank looks awesome on your desk!! And the little betta is cute too! I like his colouring alot. Thank goodness you caught that leak in time, that could have been total disaster!

I say name him Justice, or after one of our notorious bench members! Maybe Morton? lolololol

Very nice set up, love the tank and the betta aswell. Now for a name, Well when I got my female betta a few days ago I named her Iris but since she was too young to tell exactly if she was male or female I thought if she turned out to be male i would name her(if she was a him) Ira(not sure on the spelling but its pronounced I-ruh) Kind of a cool name you dont hear of, its an actual guys name and I think it was used more back in the 60's? But anyway Nice betta and set up, I'm sure he'll do lovely.

Thank you all very much!!

haha TangerineFizz, or if he had wild hair could be Mossip lol!!!!

If he wasn't nice, I would say Clarke, I have had some pretty bad personal run-ins with him. bleh

My fish seems to be enjoying his new found space, and thank you samyboy, with all this fuss over putting the new tank in, I completely forgot about cories needing sand.

Are there any other small fish that might add nice to the tank? Or should I just leave my new boy alone?

:good: leave him alone. He can then be King of all he surveys! lovely set up and super fish :drool:

if you want a clean up crew, i'd say add shrimp. But only add one at first to see if he will accept shrimp and not try to kill them :X

Or you could put in a snail, I have a brown mystery snail in with my male and he doesnt bother it. :good:

i wouldn't reccommend panda cories... they're difficult to keep alive for very long. :/

Thank you all, I have crossed pandas off my list, I think I might just keep him on his own. I think though that he is definately scratching himself.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to what to use to fix this? I don't see anythign on his body, however he is white so it could be difficult to tell.

Any help is appreciated!

Most reactions

Back