My New Hdtv, And What I Have Hooked Up To It ;)

Cantbesaved

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
OK so I am a bit of a computer nerd, But I also have a life, I swear! :p

I got a 47" LG LCD HDTV, 120Hz and all that jazz. :D Here is what I have done...

first off a pic:

IMG_4368.jpg

So I am excited about that. But to have just an HDTV, I wasnt quite satisfied... I needed some more!!!
This can also be a computer monitor!!!!!!! So I went online looking for a 1 in, 2 out HDMI splitter for less than $120.
took me 3 days to find this for $40, shipped, with a 6' HDMI cable:

IMG_4400.jpg

So Now get one of these:

IMG_4386.jpg

And I end up with this!

IMG_4385.jpg

But no sound through the TV... My TV manual says if you hook up a computer using a DVI-HDMI adapter,
you can run a seperate audio cable to the TV's input and it will play the sound. So I did that. I ran a cable and plugged it into
the HDTV. When I turned on the TV, I went through the inputs and it played audio on the channels that had no video input...
But when I got to the one that had my computer desktop image there, the sound stopped and I heard bits of crackling.
So I called LG and complained and they said the manual was wrong, so I said "That is false advertisement and I could sue for that!"

Anyways, I found out through more hours of research that my video card (Nvidia GTX260) Actually transmits audio through the
DVI port... So the "blank" audio coming thru, shut off my other feed to the TV. So I had to get another cable, and rig up a headphone
to RCA adapter to be an SPDIF to Nvidia video card audio cable connector! :p Now I get full sound and everything out of my TV!!

*SIGH* Woo! what a mouthful! lol

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that I like to overclock my computer.
I have an AMD Phenom II 920 CPU (2.8GHz) 8GB RAM, and 1.5TB of hard drive space, and of course my Nvidia GTX260.
I have it running at 3.4GHz, RAM from 667MHz to 800MHz (Cheap ram too), and my video card from 575MHz to 630MHz, and VRAM from 1GHz to 1.2GHz

Hoping to get more results this winter by doing this:

IMG_4411.jpg

Goes out the window, to freezing cold air!

IMG_4388.jpg

and I assume you'll finally be able to get vista to run ok now will you lol?

seriously though, what are you actually doing on your pc that's worth that effort?

and I assume you'll finally be able to get vista to run ok now will you lol?

seriously though, what are you actually doing on your pc that's worth that effort?

If it does what he wants and makes it happy, then it's worth it. :nod:

I don't think I understood half of what you said, but it looks cool. :lol:

If it does what he wants and makes it happy, then it's worth it. :nod:

I don't think I understood half of what you said, but it looks cool. :lol:

There's nothing wrong with it if it makes him happy, and never suggested otherwise...i just asked as it be nice to occasionally see someone who ramped up their pc and actually used if for something other than surfing the web and playing the odd game...

That's quite some cooling you've got going on there? Is it all just fans? Have you thought about water cooling?

For audio, what about a cable from the normal 3.5mm socket to the aux in on the tv? ie 3.5mm -> 2x phono

Odd having an office style ceiling in a home, but i like the tv :D Have you watched any films on it yet?

If only I knew what you were talking about I could comment, but looks a good picture lol how is sound quality? Do you have surround sound?

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back