My New Cichlid Rocky-tope

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Exiled

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Spring has always meant one thing to me -- total tank overhaul. It took all day, but it was worth it (I think) Let me know what you like/dont like about it. I'm always open to ideas and suggestions.

Attachments

• tank_050aa.jpg
    tank_050aa.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 65
Hi

Great looking tank. :good: Have you got any pictures of how the tank looked before you changed it ????

Chiclids are one of my favourite.

Sabby

Hi sabby --- it wasn't that different, but it looked unnatural to me -- and the lighting was so artificial. So I redid the rocks to a more homogenous look and changed the lighting arrangement, and the tubes. The overhaul meant removing everything down to the sand, and an annual filter rejuvi-wash, algae removal from the rocks, etc etc... took all damn day. here's the old setup:
(by the way -- it's cichlid (SIC-lid) not chiclid. :nod: heheh....chicklets....

Attachments

• tank_3_30_06aa.JPG
    tank_3_30_06aa.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 58
whered all the other fish go?love the new setup but to me it needs more color

that's way better than the first one....well done exiled..... :D the more you break your tank down and re do it....your aquascaping or rockscaping skills gets better....I will be also breaking down my malawi set up soon and I hope to come up with a better design just like yours exiled....

I think it's perfect the way it is, more color would just give it a "messy" look.

I definitely prefer your new setup :good: Really beautiful. Which tank is that ? Your 55 or 75 ?

I like all the blue/white fish.. but I really think you should add 1 orangeor red oryellow fish.just one... just to throw the white and blue fish off...

Really I hope you do it!! Please do it.. it will be cool I promise :( :/

I like all the blue/white fish.. but I really think you should add 1 orangeor red oryellow fish.just one... just to throw the white and blue fish off...

Really I hope you do it!! Please do it.. it will be cool I promise :( :/
If you look in the second photo - Exiled already has such a fish :nod: perhaps just hiding in the firt photo.

Edit: actually - you can just about see it in the top left hand corner of the first photo too.

I agree with Vancouver -- and here my one yellow (female saulosi) seen in this pic: (which by the way makes a great Windows Desktop Background--try it)
135172687_2958b4e23c_b.jpg

Hi Clareuk : thats a Pseudotropheus demasoni-- here he is in the best fish shot I've ever taken:
121533405_ecc290d912_o.jpg

I also have a Pseudotropheus fuelleborni Katale in there.....
107880989_672f54f445_o.jpg

Bloo-- that's the 75. The 55 is empty now and just waiting (begging) to be turned into something new and unsusual-- any ideas?

GSharky -- Thanks! Yup, practice makes for better tanks everytime. Can you PM me links to your tanks?
(which gives me an idea---I'm going to post a POLL soon about a forum-function)

Thanks people and for anyone curious about cichlids -- Look into them -- they are wonderful!

Most reactions

Back