My New Bettas

jennybugs

Eternally pruned fingers!
Reaction score
I've recently lost my old betta Brucie and am now the proud owner of a fine HM called Chilli, and 3 beautiful females
Chilli
DSCF1954copy.jpg

DSCF1949copy.jpg

DSCF1941copy.jpg

The girls
f9-1.jpg

f8-1.jpg

f5-1.jpg

f7-1.jpg

f6-1.jpg

f4-1.jpg

f3-1.jpg

f1-1.jpg

f2-1.jpg

ADSCF2639.jpg

ADSCF2640.jpg

ADSCF2642.jpg

Headless but you can really see her colouration
ADSCF2646.jpg

ADSCF2650.jpg

ADSCF2651.jpg

The quietest female
ADSCF2649.jpg

The kitty loves watching them and the puffers though
ADSCF2655.jpg

:good:

Chilli is gorgous, as are the girls, the one on the left in the second picture looks identicle to my girl rose :hyper:

lovely pictures

you females red/blue what type are they please, as i have a female that looks just like them

Yeah, thats the one.

Mine was bought as a female and was male, with the egg spot and everything.

The flaring pic I posted though, you can see the full flare that is usually a males with the extra layer of skin..

Actually I have to confess to one of the 'girls' being a boy in the first few pics, although I can't remember which one it is. Had to take him back this morning. He was harassing the girls to the extreme and had to go :unsure:
The one flaring is actually a female...the new one I got this morning. The rogue who pretended to be female also had the flaring gills but they were much larger.

I don't know what type these are as they were just listed as female fighters. They are stunning though :hyper:

The red/blue/brown ones are Plakats, the blue one I believe is a Veiltail..

I'd still keep an eye on the flarey one just in case.. they can be deceiving! :good:

this the other one xweeqtx, thought mine was male at first, but mine is defo female, not too sure on this one though the ventrals are longer than on mine
That was the masquerading male! I would have loved to keep him but I haven't got a free tank :crazy:
The red/blue/brown ones are Plakats, the blue one I believe is a Veiltail.. I'd still keep an eye on the flarey one just in case.. they can be deceiving! :good:
The red ones aren't as red when in natural light. They both flare up but not like the one I took back. There's no fighting in the tank at the moment, no one flares in the mirror, and if I've been sold another male I'll go mad :blink: :rolleyes: They've all got the white egg spot as I call it too -_-

The red ones aren't as red when in natural light

I know, the camera brings out more colour than is actually there. I've got 2 the same as you'res, both from the same LFS - the first I bought is actually a male, and the second is still small but I'm keeping an eye on it haha!

I was gobsmacked when the rogue started biting the females. He split one's tail really badly and formed the most enormous bubble nest in less than an hour of being in the tank! The new occupant has been in the tank all day and not one bubble nest yet and no more flaring. Fingers crossed :/

Your lucky, having bought 3 and only one being male. I bought 3 and all 3 were males!
Had fun explaining that one to the fish shop!

Really amazing pics! The fish are stunning x

Most reactions

Back