My New Betta!

Thaifighter

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is a betta I just brought back home from Thailand.
I was told it was a new color! :huh:
Although I think it looks like a "Mustard Gas", albeit more red than yellow in it's fins!? :rolleyes:
Any betta experts out there who can confirm the color? :shifty:
Anyway it spawned with it's female and I now have loads of babies! :nod:

Plahgat

New_Betta.jpg

He is absolutely stunning :drool: :wub: :drool: :wub:

I think I'm right in saying that the colours in the ventril give a true indication of colouring and as he has the yellow in them he could well be or have mustard gas in him. I'm sure Modaz will come along to agree or correct me if I'm wrong :lol: :lol:

I've never seen a betta colored like that before. Very nice!

:hyper: I think his tail might be spade shaped but don't hold me to it. :hyper:
It could be. I don't think it is though. I had a spade tail at one time. The end of the spade had a more defined point.

oooooooooooooooooooooooohhh, BABIES :hyper: !!!!

I want one I want one I want one.....FEMALE please :blush:

Here's a few more shots taken a few minutes ago! :)
The female actually looks more like a wildform of B. smaragdina,
and they are smaller than both B.splendens and B.smaragdina, similar in size to B.imbellis!? :huh:
Male is about 4,2 cm and female 3,5 cm of lenght only, and they are more slim built and more agile as well, than my other stockier and bigger plakats! -_-
Probably mixed in some wildforms at some point, will be interesting to see if the babies will turn at homogenous in color and form. :nod:

Thaifighter

The Male flaring.
NewBettamale.jpg

His pretty little wife!
NewBettafemale2.jpg

Here she is again the little cutie!
NewBettafemale.jpg

And some of their 5 days old babies!
NewBettafryes.jpg

Wow all very nice fish!

are there laws against bringing them from thailand?
how did you bring it?

Wow all very nice fish!

are there laws against bringing them from thailand?
how did you bring it?

Hi!

I just packed them in tiny plastic bags with some water about an inch from the bottom,and then some air on top of that,
then I put the plastic bags in a air and watertight plastic box, and rapped some of my dirty laundry around it! :rolleyes: :lol:
I put them in my check in luggage, that is not X-rayed or contolled!?
Handluggage is on the contrary well searched for fluids and explosives now a days, so I can not put them in that one!
Temperaure when I arrived home was about 18 degrees celsius, so I had to change the water and rise the temperature slowly for a couple of hours, before I poured them into a tank!
To take in fish into Sweden(my home) you are obliged to fill out some forms and have a veterinarian waiting at the airport when you arrive home to inspect the fish, this is a bit complicated though and costs some money as well! :shifty:
So I don't bother and so far I have been lucky going trough customs without having been stopped and searched for 20 years now! :nod:
Don't think there are any laws against taking farmed fish out of Thailand though, as long as their are not wildcaught endangered species on the cites list!

Thaifighter

Most reactions

Back