My New Betta Set Up!

venom2112

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just bought a new tank for my betta, actually a fathers day pressie of my son!! :thanks: :friends: didnt think he enjoyed being in the comm tank much, nothing special , its a 5.5 us gallon tank with a couple of live plants,light, i bought a heater also as he has been in a heated tank for a bit, hope you like it, he seems to ( i feel a bit guilty as he has no company now though!!), also got a couple of females, just left them in the comm tank though, there happy enough & dont bother anyone at all, would they be ok to go in with him?? just wondered, sorry about the blurry pic, bloody digi cameras!!! :hyper:

Attachments

• male.JPG
    male.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 39
  • fem.JPG
    fem.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 45
What a beautiful set up! No don't add the females, females should only be with males if you intend to breed. You can add an african dwarf frog or two, some shrimp, or a snail for company, but male bettas are perfectly content on their own.

Pygmy corys would work, but since corys need to be in groups, normal sized corys would be too big for your tank.

Looks like a little betta heaven! I bet he loves it :good:

I use to feel bad about leaving my little man alone too, until I put him alone..lol. He gets protective having another tank NEXT to his, he's very happy on his own. They typically prefer it!

yeah, 1st pic is a male, 2nd is a female , in 2 diff tanks, like i said the females are in the comm tank & the boy is in the penthouse suite!!! (couldn't get a pic of the other girl, shes to fast, will eventually though!!) :hyper:

Very nice tank, I would almost just leave it as it but if you wanted to add something I would suggest a couple African Dwarf frogs. They are fun, small, and very cute to watch. Im not sure how old your son is but he would probably love them too. Nice work on the setup. :good:

Drew

Very nice tank, I would almost just leave it as it but if you wanted to add something I would suggest a couple African Dwarf frogs. They are fun, small, and very cute to watch. Im not sure how old your son is but he would probably love them too. Nice work on the setup. :good:

Drew

hes 27!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Drew

hes 27!!! :hyper: :hyper:
:blush: :blush: oooppss... :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I am 20 and still think they are cute, you can never be too old for an ADF :lol:

Drew

Love your tank and setup! Your betta is loving it too... believe me! If you think he'll ever get lonely, try putting a mirror next to his tank and he'll have a buddy to flare at (I leave a mirror for a few hours/day - it's also good exercise for them.) But the idea of adding an ADF or two (not sure about the bioload with 2 ADF's + a betta in a 5.5 gal though)... is also good!

How do the 2 females get along in the community tank? Usually female bettas do better in groups of 3 but if there are so many other fish in the community tank - and it's large enough - I guess they're okay.

Most reactions

Back