My New Baby Turtles

fall-apart-dave

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok, got a new aquarium that is designed for amphibians but came with a LOAD of very large fishies (3 Bala Sharks, 3 large Clown Loaches, 7 Tiger Barbs, and three Bristle Nosed Cats for those who are interested!) that were too big for the 1 meter wide tank.

So, I traded them in along with my angel fish that I bought as a baby for £4 2 years ago who has grown and grown into a monster size fish and was too big for any of my tanks... My old fish are on sale now for a total of £140 at the aquatics shop, the angel alone now being sold for £35! What a mark up from the £4 I paid! Mind you, it is a nice one.... Jet black, with clear square shapes on the edges of its fins making it look tattered and torn... Kinda evil looking, but very beautiful and was sorry to see it go!

Anyway, I traded them in for turtles! Got a paif of baby Musk Turtles, and here's the pics!

Ok! Here be pics! Apologies for dodgyness, but there's a lot of condensation in the tank!

100_2071.jpg

100_2072.jpg

100_2073.jpg

100_2074.jpg

100_2076.jpg

100_2077.jpg

100_2078.jpg

100_2079.jpg

Plan to add more plants as time goes on... What do we think? The turtles are about the size of a 2p piece just now, but will grow to a shell size of about 6". Just right for the tank! :D

Also taking suggestions for names! Any ideas?

wow looks nice :) did you think about a sand bank? possibly into the middle of the tank?

Names: Mucky & Bucky :nod:

Lovely turts.
Sand is a REALLY bad idea in a turtle aquarium. As is standard gravel.
Sand is a hige abrasive to the digestive sytem to turts so avaoid that idea.
Only use gravel if it is bigger than the turtles head as a general rule. it becomes easily lodged inside the intestine. Not good.
do you have a Uvc emitting lamp?
a basking lamp?
Keeping turltes is very demanding.
But very rewarding.
Nice turts.
Dan

Nice turtles, but how large were these clown loaches exactly, where I am (canada) large clown (5"+) sell for around $40 or more depending on the size, usually around $7 for a little guy like 1"! And musk turtles aren't too expensive (about $50 for a 1.5" baby).

Hope you got a good deal, BTW how much is 1 pound in canadian dollars??

Cute turtle! :good:

It's a nice tank design.

How many turtles are you planning to add ?

Well, the Us and canadian dollar is at par... So it's be $2 Canadian too lol, is 140pounds what you got for them?! Cuz if so then that's a hell of a deal... alot 35pounds for an angel! that'd mean $70!! outrageous price... or is that symbol you put up something other than pounds? :unsure:

Oh my, they are simply beautiful!!!!!!! Please keep on posting pics as the little darlings grow. Not very good on picking names. My 2 apple snails are called Mr. and Mrs Whizz so you can see why you wouldn't want me to name them! :lol:

Most reactions

Back