My New Aquarium

Nice tank, i have the same model as you. Love the look of what you've done with it and i'm sure your betta will love it too!

Only thing i've found with it is that getting replacement bulbs for the light is a nightmare

Very cool tank!

As everyone else said Nutrifin doesn't work. I bought a large bottle for my little 3-gallon tank and used even more than recommended, anticipating that some of the bacteria in the bottle had died off and it did absolutely NOTHING. In an aquarium book I read a while back, it said that not only do those products contain beneficial bacteria, they instead often contain bad bacteria!

Take your time and cycle the tank properly.

Nice tank, i have the same model as you. Love the look of what you've done with it and i'm sure your betta will love it too!

Only thing i've found with it is that getting replacement bulbs for the light is a nightmare

I was worried abut getting a replacement bulb aswell, the guy in the pets at home store said they have replacement bulbs so as long as that shop is still there I should be ok. I also ordered some blue led's from ebay which I hope will be bright enough for the tank. Do you use the standard filter that come with the tank? I think it might be a little strong for Betta's so I've put it a few cms under the surface and have it pointing at the back wall of the tank so the current spreads out a little. What do you think of the standard filter?

I was worried abut getting a replacement bulb aswell, the guy in the pets at home store said they have replacement bulbs so as long as that shop is still there I should be ok. I also ordered some blue led's from ebay which I hope will be bright enough for the tank. Do you use the standard filter that come with the tank? I think it might be a little strong for Betta's so I've put it a few cms under the surface and have it pointing at the back wall of the tank so the current spreads out a little. What do you think of the standard filter?

I have that filter in another tank and find it to be quite powerful.

Put some foam accross the outflow or do as you have done. You'll only know if the betta likes it once you get him in the tank.

My betta was ok with the filter but he liked to swim in the current it caused. He was a little odd lol.

As for getting bulbs, Pets at Home told me it'd been discontinued but i take anything they say with a pinch of salt and then disregard it haha. But i did manage to get a replacement at maidenhead aquatics but whereas the tank comes with a T4 bulb i could only get a T5, so it's a brighter bulb but i'm sure the plants will love it

Most reactions

Back