My New 6ft Tank Has Arrived !

would it be big enough for an arrowana? how many gallons is it? looks like a 225g to me. Id stock with discus and other non agressive cichlids like rams and stuff.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh DiscusLova, that things 400 US gallons mate, an asian aro can live in a 6x2x2, but that could house a silver!!!

Its properly massive!!!

Spooky, i think you should post this in the oddball forum, youll get some good ideas from it....Just my word of advice...

MIkey

soz CAC but the sizes i stated were what my brother told me. its actually a 72x24x24...... but still... it was FREE!!!

haha, a shower curtain to what... hide the tank from your relatives? And how did you get in and out of the tank without cracking the bottom? :crazy:

Also congrats! :D

10mm glass.... and very carefully :)

Dang it.... Though we were looking at the largest tank on TFF :X
Well, you could still have some awesome oddballs in there, but unfortunately, no rays :sad:
But yeah, if you want any advice, you should ask in there. And you could still have a aro :good:

Mikey

Well, you could still have some awesome oddballs in there, but unfortunately, no rays :sad:
But yeah, if you want any advice, you should ask in there. And you could still have a aro :good:

Mikey

I think one of the most frustrating things with rays is the huge cost difference between a 36 inch deep tank and a 2ft deep tank.

Lucky you though :good:

Mikey

cane, tikarman and paulmts all have atleast 7x3x3 tanks i think and one guy posted a tank once that was jus in the middle of the room and i think it was about 4 feet wide. cant remember how long.

thats was awesome.

nice tank spooky.

Edit: OK so I'm totally perplexed: why on earth would anyone put a shower curtain thingymibob around the tank ? :look:

So that the fish have privacy when they're taking a bath :p jk ;)

Spooky, how in the heck did you get in there??? The bracing on the top looked small to squeeze into :blink: ...

my uncle was harry houndi!! hehehe

It wasnt that hard, a step ladder and some careful negotiation :)

The biggest school of cories ever undertaken by a member of the forum. Forget Black,White, Azn Power lets bring out the CORY POWA! or you could keep a couple small children, your pick.

The biggest school of cories ever undertaken by a member of the forum. Forget Black,White, Azn Power lets bring out the CORY POWA! or you could keep a couple small children, your pick.

rest assured my friend, there will be plenty of corys in there !!

BTW, good result for you this morning against the Kiwis ;)

awsum size tank, you could have a great malawi setup there mate :nod: think of how much rock you could have, and alot, alot of fish :D

or have you already decided on what you are thinking of having?

keep us updated :nod:

awsum size tank, you could have a great malawi setup there mate :nod: think of how much rock you could have, and alot, alot of fish :D

or have you already decided on what you are thinking of having?

keep us updated :nod:

still undecided im afraid. Im not particulary found of malawis if im honest. i would love an aro, but the cost of them puts me off. its gonna have to be something compatible with corys for sure, cause i intend to have plenty of them in there :)

Spooky, i think that you could have an austrailan aro in there, and their cheap, bout £20, but sometimes theyre not too good with tankmates....Or you could get an asian green, which are from £60 up, and theyd be fine with lots of things, allthough not so good with corys :lol:

If youd like an aro (if you could afford a green) then im sure you could have some other cool things in there...

Id say a green aro, a lima shovel nose (instead of the corys :good: :p ) a fire eel, some geos or some severums, an armoured bichir and a siamese tiger fish or similar. But you'd have so many variables, that the possabiltites would be near endless....

You could go for an oscar instead of the tiger, some ornate pims instead of the sholvelnose, an ornate bichir instead of the eel...theres just so many choices!!!

MIkey

WOW thats a gorgeous tank wonderful. I hope u will get pics when its finally done.

guys, thread is almost two yrs old, and TBH.. havent seen "spooky" on TFF since i've been on

Ox :good:

Most reactions

Back