My new 60gal Tank

vdan

Reaction score
Well went to the lfs to get some drift wood, plants and some food. I came out with a used 60gal tank (36x16x25), light, wood top, and light. Then I bought a new 300watt heater, filter, and gravel. Total was $225. So I took my truck to home depo and spent another $65 for wood and hardware so that me and my dad could build a stand for the tank. Didn't want to spend another $125-$175 for a stand at the lfs. Well here are some photos of the tank, stand, and top.

tank.jpg

Stand still needs to be sanded and the clear coat put on. Once this is done I will put the water in and put my Rena XP1 (from my 30gal) and my new filter in and the fish. Can't wait :hyper:

stand.jpg

You and your dad did a stand-up job on that stand...once its all finished it'll look great!!....Its always nice to get a new tank isn't it!! :D :)

That is a really nice stand. :) What kind of plywood did you use?

enchanted said:
That is a really nice stand. :)  What kind of plywood did you use?
It is plywood with a small layer of burch (I think this the wood I used :dunno: ) on top and bottom. Also put a 2x4 frame all around in side. The stand is just as heavy as the tank, if not more.

The fish that I am thinking about puting in is 4-8 angels (I have 4 already), a school of about 4 Pim Pictus, Blue Rams, some Gourami's, maybe a beta, and a few plecos (mango, gold nugget, L200, L066, anyone think I might be able to get a sailfin??), and my ABF, lots of wood, live plants, and caves for the plecos. Will be using a Rena XP2, XP1(from my 30gal, will use to get the tank started then put it back on the old tank), power head, and a 300watt heater. I am taking my XP1 Filter and putting it in the new take because I heard on this web site that if you use an old filter you can put fish in right away. If I am wrong please let me know. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know too.

Oh, thanks everyone for the great comments on the tank stand :D . I hope to have the stand done in two days. It is hard to do this and work, go to college and do homework from college too. Will post a photo with the tank all setup. I hope this is by saturday.

Well it is saturday and I said that I would have the tank up and running so here it is.

tank2.jpg

I forgot to put the top on when the photo was taken :whistle:
I still have to go to the LFS to buy some plants and maybe some fish too since I took the filter media from my XP1 and put it in the new XP2 fro the new tank.

Most reactions

Back