My Nano Tank Is Up And Running!

eazy start for you...all up and running, what you gonna keep in there?

Well im setting up my external filter, fuge, 2nd heater, and water mixing bucket today. Im going to upgrade my plain and simple home depot bucket to do alot more than buckets ever dreamed of doing.

Parts list:
Maxi-Jet 400
2 90gph intank 3 stage filters
50 watt wisper heater
Two 10 watt 50/50 pc's
Water Spicket :)
Tubing
Intake Grill (will place this somewhere nice in the back of my nano cube)
Outlet of some kind, will put this next to the existing stock pump outlet.

I'll throw some frags in there and maybe some macro algae :)

The stock filter leaves alot to be desired, so im building the all-in-one super 5gal bucket :)

Plus with a good DC-AC inverter I could plug it in my car and have heat/pump/light so if I have to drive far for livestock all is good :)

Sounds Crazy Turbo...lol. You'll have a mobile super-bucket-nano-sump to go, hope it works and doesnt flood your car... post some pics as you get on. :cool:

It's still under construction :) Im trying to figure out a non-ghetto way of getting two 50/50 10 watt bulbs in it (and still be safe)

I gave it a test run earlier, Just dropped a powerhead in the nano cube had the outlet into the bucket set that powerhead on half power then turned on the powerhead in the bucket and wham! instant water change! (plus more)

Current Bucket Setup:

Fission Protein Skimmer
(2) CA 800 Power Heads
(3) Triple Stage Submersible 90gph Filters
Heater
LR Frags
Chemical Mixing Tube (something I made, it's a hard plastic tube that I put tons of holes in. I tapped a hose to it and I then connect that to a power head. You dump your chemicals/buffer/etc in the tube, put a cap on, then turn it on. It will pretty much instantly mix whatever chemical )

With a good power inverter from Walmart I'll be able to take this wherever I want. And in case of power outage I can grab one of the spare batteries or run cables to my car to power up the bucket and run some lines to my tank.

Right now it's just a badass bucket that doubles as chemical/topoff/super filter/fuge

:)

I took the bucket to my LFS today to get some DI water and give them my Scorpas Tang because he got aggressive I had to give him away did not have time to sell him =/ I didnt even get store credit! Anyway the guy looked at me and goes "Is this your fish tank? I looked at him with a puzzled look and he goes "You've got everything you need in here except how do you see the fish?" "I was like na that's just my bucket, every salt water guy has a bucket He was then like wow, that's a pretty expensive bucket"

haha.

This friggin 5 gallon bucket form home depot is now worth over $150 haha!

Teaser Pic Tommorow :)

good022ww5.jpg

lol, love ghetto DIY :). got any more pics? I'm still a bit confused at its function. I do however see a gaggle of wires that would make an electrician cringe :yahoo:

we had some electric work done recently the guy looked at my tanks and went off on the general i aint touchin any o that stuff its lethal etc

Lethal My @$$ lol.

Yesterday I forgot my left hand was wet too (was diggin around in my tank) and I hit the off switch on my power strip... got a decent shock but that was about that... lol

Lethal My @$$ lol.

Yesterday I forgot my left hand was wet too (was diggin around in my tank) and I hit the off switch on my power strip... got a decent shock but that was about that... lol

lol :hyper: you have 8 live's left... we're watching 8)

Most reactions

Back