My My What An Expensive Fish

Black Ghost Knife Fish
i think it was around 15 inches at the time
but it was a present for someone, not for me
somewhere around $40 AUD, maybe more

You know whats funny i have never paid attention to what i paid for my fish. i remeber about 20 years ago i paid 250 u.s dollors for a clown trigger. i don't mess with salt anymore so i'm not too sure what the most expensive fish is in any of my tanks. But i did find a nice pair of wild caught red terrors for 180 bucks. its tempting but i think the wife would shoot me lol.

I would have to say it's my juvenile L-046 zebra pleco. At $100.00 (USD) for less than an inch, would be an expensive price.

I saw a Blue/Yellow Silver Arrowana for 90GBP its about 12" long with the most striking blue and yellow fins.

$100.00 plus shipping for 2 betta albimarginata. (with hopes for some baby albi's) Those 2 were spoiled rotten but they never spawned and sadly he died a couple of months ago. She's now in my community tank and has taken a liking to my new little german blue ram. Now she's in the mood.... :rolleyes:

i think the wife would shoot me

Story of my life ;)

I have had an arowana that I got for £10 from a fish store that didn't know what to do with it. I got it about 4" long, and grew it to 9" long and then resold it for £60.

I currently have two quite large Parrot fish, and the LFS reckon they will go for about £50-70 for the pair at retail prices. I paid £15 for both when they were babies!

My most expensive discus was £50
My most expensive corys were three wild adult spawning weitzmanis... no comment on the price :blush:

40 quid for a royal plec

if your counting corals too then 30-40 is pretty avergae for a decent size one, we tend to get a discount though or something else for free. ;)

not got into buying marine fish properly yet, but there's a few pricey additions gonna be coming soon

So far my most expensive fish was a pleco that I paid $30 still with me today. My soon to be most expensive fish is a teacuo stingray that I will pay $50 for, however $45 out of that will be payed in gift cards.

£350 for my RTG arowana.

Very Beautiful Fish! And at a bargain at 350.00 I would say. Depends on how big it was but I would def pay that even for a baby RTG :good:

He was a baby when i got him at 8/9", I'ved now had him for 1 year and is 19".

Hmmmmm £50-70 for a parrot fish is a touch high! we have had large 8" ones at work and struuggled to sell them for £35 each. We often sell 5" ones for about £15-20 depening on colour and condition.

So far £21.50 on plecs (one GN, one L203). Both died. Got replacements though (£17 royal and a £22 L333), but as they were free I'm giving one (L333) to Kathy.

Am going to be spending just over double that in a fortnight...with a bit of luck. But to be fair, the fish is probably 4 times the length (and about 100 times the actual weight/size/bulk). If they'll reserve it for me that is. Not saying what it is, because at that price it's a bloody bargain, and I know one of you sneaky lot will go and buy him :shifty:

Spent £10 on a sterbai cory as a friend for our other sterbai, Yoshi. He was about £3. But £10 is the most we've spent on a single fish. Currently. I may well spend even more on buying various corys for our other tank once its all set up.

Most reactions

Back