My mini dream tank stockings =)

kevin007

Hmmm...cories
Reaction score
yea since i dunt have room i'm gonna have a "mini dream tank for me"

it's gonna be a 46 gallon i think 40g - 50g

wut i'll have in it:

(i'll transfer all of my fish to my new tank) (old fish)
6 cories: 2 sterbai, 1 peper, 1 albino,1 julii, 1 bronze
4 platties
8 neons
3 guppies
5 ghost shrimps

(new fish)

6 ottos
6 kulis
and how many upside down cats do i need to make them happy?
6 three banded pencil fish (nannostomus trifasciatus)

Wont it be awsome? :wub:

if they are ova stocked tell me sum changes i could make thx =)

10 gallon

4 dwarf puffers

10 gallon

fry/snail tank

Hmmm, the tank sounds nice but it seems a little overstocked to me. I'd choose only one of the new groups to add to that, for example just the kuhliis. If the tank will have effective filtration and live plants you could go for two of the groups, such as the ottos and the kuhliis.

Good luck. :)

I would add 2-4 Upsidedown and 6 Ottos and 6 Three banded Pencilfish.
I would choose between Kuhlis and Corys because they do the same job. If you really want Kuhlis and Corys go for 3 Upsidedown, 6 Ottos, 4 Kuhlis and 3 Pencilfish. Also you will need good filteration and plants. Maybe buy a airpump just in case.

yea i'll use a fluval filter and i'll add a air pump too. It will be full of plants..i dont think i'll be keeping kulis since my cories will always be better tahn koolies! read my sig i luv cories! :p i also used alot of time to think about what to keep :fun:

Morrgan said:
Hmmm, the tank sounds nice but it seems a little overstocked to me. I'd choose only one of the new groups to add to that, for example just the kuhliis. If the tank will have effective filtration and live plants you could go for two of the groups, such as the ottos and the kuhliis.

Good luck. :)
uh...well i have all those fish in a 10 gallon and if i add one or 2 of those grop to my tank i would stil have 10 gallon left of space -_-

2 males to one female on the gupies seems kind of stressful to me :crazy: that might leave your tank open to sickness.

Opcn

opcn said:
2 males to one female on the gupies seems kind of stressful to me :crazy: that might leave your tank open to sickness.

Opcn
yea but alot of my female guppy died afta they gave birth

kevin007 said:
uh...well i have all those fish in a 10 gallon and if i add one or 2 of those grop to my tank i would stil have 10 gallon left of space
Well, to be honest I think your current tanks are a bit overcrowded too (going by the info in your sig and the sizes of the fish when fullgrown). One of the 10g has about 20-25in of fish in it and the other has about 20in. Going by the "1 inch per gallon" rule, that's way too much. You can usually have a few more inches than that rule says (as long as you take care of water changes and have live plants and good filtration etc.) but I think it's a bit of a risk doubling that limit, especially in the case of 20in in a tank as small as 10g.

Morrgan said:
kevin007 said:
uh...well i have all those fish in a 10 gallon and if i add one or 2 of those grop to my tank i would stil have 10 gallon left of space
Well, to be honest I think your current tanks are a bit overcrowded too (going by the info in your sig and the sizes of the fish when fullgrown). One of the 10g has about 20-25in of fish in it and the other has about 20in. Going by the "1 inch per gallon" rule, that's way too much. You can usually have a few more inches than that rule says (as long as you take care of water changes and have live plants and good filtration etc.) but I think it's a bit of a risk doubling that limit, especially in the case of 20in in a tank as small as 10g.
yea i kno dat's why i asked before stockin it and yea ppl said my tank is ok :p ;)

If I'm not mistaken those pencilfish will eat some of your smaller fish like your neons.

Kyle said:
If I'm not mistaken those pencilfish will eat some of your smaller fish like your neons.
As far as I know, pencilfish are quite small fish with tiny mouths, I don't think they'll be a threat to anything.

kevin007 - People's opinions on what is overstocked and what is not will always differ. If you ask me, I think your tanks are overstocked judging by the way I stock my tanks; if you ask someone else, they might say otherwise. It depends on so many things, and guidelines are always that: only guidelines.

I suppose the best way to judge is to do regular tests on nitrite, nitrate and ammonia. As long as nitrite and ammonia are 0 and nitrate is low, then you're fine. Of course making sure all your fish get the "personal space" they need at the same time, that is.

Morrgan said:
Kyle said:
As far as I know, pencilfish are quite small fish with tiny mouths, I don't think they'll be a threat to anything.
The pencil fish at my lfs, only eat rosy reds. Rosy reds are about the size of neons, so I figure the pencil fish will go after them too. I don't know that it is just my guess.

Kyle said:
Morrgan said:
Kyle said:
The pencil fish at my lfs, only eat rosy reds. Rosy reds are about the size of neons, so I figure the pencil fish will go after them too. I don't know that it is just my guess.
acually i was talking aobut minnows..my mistake,,white cloud minnows :( btw my tanks are VERY clean =) and everyhting is PERFECT :alien:

(i'll transfer all of my fish to my new tank) (old fish)
6 cories: 2 sterbai, 1 peper, 1 albino,1 julii, 1 bronze
4 platties
8 neons
3 guppies
5 ghost shrimps

(new fish)

6 zebra danios
8 ottos
3 ud cats

is this alrite?

Most reactions

Back