Reaction score
Image3.jpg My lovely tank
Image1.jpg my Pregnant guppies
Image2.jpg one of the boys
Image4.jpg my Indian Gourami
Image5.jpg a very rare sight he normally hides
Image6.jpg the green tiger barbs
Image7.jpg my red gourami
Image8.jpg the blue gourami he was really shy till i got the barbs now he comes out to play all the time.

Hi I'm a real newbie at this well unless you count watching my dad keep tropical fish about 25 years ago!
I have a 75 gallon tank with external filters and large air pump controling 3 airstones and one breeding tank with airflow.
I have lots of live plants though they are covered in alge!
Right Fish
1 x Indian Giant Gourami
6 x baby neon tetras
3x Harlequin Rasbora
1x Syndontis decoras
1x featherfin syndontis
1 x blue dwarf gourami
1 x red gourami
3x green tiger barbs
3 x female orange tail guppies all pregnant!
2 x male orange tail guppies
10 x red firefin guppy fry all in breeding tank
10 x albino gardeni killifish eggs waiting to hatch!
1x male molly red stardust
2x female molly black stardust
3x neon blue male guppies
3x assorted male guppies
2 x female sunburst rainbow platy
1 x male sunburst platy
2 x black apple snails

So thats my fish they all seem to be living very happy together so far and all tank readings are good.
I also run a homemade co2 system for the plants.
am waiting to go collect a few female guppies this week so the boys dont annoy the 3 in the tank too much....
any comments welcome am really enjoying keeping the fish and think i have read almost every single website you can find on it. But am always eager for any advice or help.
Thanks and hope to get more nice pics up soon
:good:

Lovely big tank with some really healthy looking fish, clear pics too.

Only thing is I'd say watch that S.decorus, he possibly will eat all your neons, male guppies and harlequins when he's big enough during the night...I've been down that road with this species :rolleyes: .
You may find as they grow older, your featherfin and S.decorus will start fighting, but it's nothing serious and you should notice it before any damage is done :).

Lovely big tank with some really healthy looking fish, clear pics too.

Only thing is I'd say watch that S.decorus, he possibly will eat all your neons, male guppies and harlequins when he's big enough during the night...I've been down that road with this species :rolleyes: .
You may find as they grow older, your featherfin and S.decorus will start fighting, but it's nothing serious and you should notice it before any damage is done :).
Thanks for that i will keep an eye on them. all they seem to do is hide all the time in fact very rare i see one of them he hides behind the ship all the time. they never seem to be together either so maybe they have already decided to stay clear of each other!!! (hopefully)

what lovely tanks - your decoration looks really fun!

stunning pictures of the fish - i love your guppies!!

tank looks good, glad to hear your going to add more female guppies, the ideal ration should be 2/3 females to every male :good:

tank looks good, glad to hear your going to add more female guppies, the ideal ration should be 2/3 females to every male :good:
was going to get some more females today but they were still in quaranteen (cant spell) so going back fri cant wait to get them then apart from wanting a bristlenose (will he go in there ok?) my tank is complete (oh and waiting for a few trumpet snails and maybe a couple more apples as well.

Nice tank and fishes.I think I spot a few non-aquatic plants though, which in a few months could die off and pollute the water.

Nice tank and fishes.I think I spot a few non-aquatic plants though, which in a few months could die off and pollute the water.
agghh which ones i got most of the plants from a seler on ebay saying they were all genuine aquatics the others were bought form pets at home and an aquariam shop near me how can they sell them if they are not aquatic.... i have no idea abut plants and they are rotting slightly but i thought that was because i had put two apple snails in and they seem to be feasting on them. plus most of the leaves are covered in alge any ideas on what to do for that? thanks for everyones comments this site is brill!

What shops/ebay sellers sometimes/usually do is get non-aquatic plants which are capable of living 2-3 months under water, sell them, and then the poor buyer thinks it's their fault since they're suddenly dieing some months on.
The plants which are very sturdy and had thick and large stalks/leaves are most likely non aquatics.Their roots are also thicker and shorter than aquatics.
The plant/s in question which look non aquatic is the second to the right one, a closer/larger pic would help though.
To stop algae cover every bit of bare substrate with plants, literally...Adding mostly fast growing stem plants (e.g hygrophila polysperma, rotala rotundifolia, vallis etc).Up the co2 and try to get it more stable, either by changing the yeast mix more often or investing in a pressurized system.
Look in the planted section for fert methods/regimes.

Very nice fish but that's a gold gourami not a giant indian gourami.

Only thing is I'd say watch that S.decorus
I would say the same thing. I have a full grown S. decorus and he tops out at about 9" and eats huge pieces of shrimp in one bite. They grow extremely fast, too. One day you have a little decorus and the next, you have a monster!

nice tank.

love that Syndontis, looks like a syndontis cory cross!!

Very nice fish but that's a gold gourami not a giant indian gourami.
Thanks for that the shop (pets at home) sold it to me as a giant indian gourami and still being new at the different breeds i believed them i will make a note of that as i like to know what kind im keeping.
:rolleyes:

What shops/ebay sellers sometimes/usually do is get non-aquatic plants which are capable of living 2-3 months under water, sell them, and then the poor buyer thinks it's their fault since they're suddenly dieing some months on.
The plants which are very sturdy and had thick and large stalks/leaves are most likely non aquatics.Their roots are also thicker and shorter than aquatics.
The plant/s in question which look non aquatic is the second to the right one, a closer/larger pic would help though.
To stop algae cover every bit of bare substrate with plants, literally...Adding mostly fast growing stem plants (e.g hygrophila polysperma, rotala rotundifolia, vallis etc).Up the co2 and try to get it more stable, either by changing the yeast mix more often or investing in a pressurized system.
Look in the planted section for fert methods/regimes.
I will keep a close eye on them and remove any rotting leaves and then just chuck them when they go to far and not buy that type again. how do you clan the gravel if its completly covered in plants? I'm constanlty picking bits of leaves out at the moment can imagine it will be fun with more. can also add another bottle of co2 if needed only added co2 a week or so ago see what happens thanks to everyone for advice keep it coming i want to keep my fishes happy. :good:

Most reactions

Back