My Koi Tattoo

lovely tats and its your body tattoo's are a personal thing so hawkins you comment means nothing

Alright... no one chew my head off please... gonna give an honest opinion here.
First up, lemme just say that I love tattoos, have a few myself, even drew some for my brother, his wife, my husband and his sister... but well.....

I don't really like the waves... the way they're shaded, shaped, & the tips makes it look more like it's a thick ooze instead of flowing water.. if that makes any sense.
I also don't really like the way they did the scales on the fish. The scales look like the artist who did it, just took the easy/quick way out to doing them instead of actually making them look like scales. Also instead of shading each individual scale, they just did the whole body and looks like drew the crosshatched lines over it... or vice versa, either way... I think whoever drew it for you could've done a lot better job. AND also, b/c the scales are the way they are, I don't think the black spots on the body look right. The spots would look ok on a more realistic koi tat, but on yours, I just don't think it flows w/ it very well.
Also, the artist screwed up on one of the flowers and has it going between the pectoral fin and the body..... so it makes it look like the fin isn't attached.

I do like the general shape of the koi though and I like the little flowers & petals and how they don't have black outlines on them.

I'm sorry... I just think the tattoo artist who did it for you should've done a better job.

NICE! I LIKE LOOKING AT TATTS AND NICE HAND DRAWINGS

BUT YOU DONT SEE MUCH FISH TATTS, FORGET HAWKINS

HES JUST SCARED

ANYWAYS, LOVE THE TAT

its up to you what you get tattooed onto yourself i think,

and i like it, what you feel is all that matters, would like to see pics when everyting is finished,
think it will look cool!!!

:fun:

Most reactions

Back