My Jelly Bean Parrots

freerunner416

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Thought you all might want a wee look at my Jelly Bean Parrot tank!!

Let me know what you think.

Jellytankatnight.jpg

Heres a close up of one of my parrots

FemaleJellyBean.jpg

Hope this works

Cheers

Craig

Hi freerunner, They are the cutest :good: Love the blushing cheeks! Love jbs as babies. My lfs just got some little ones like yours in. I had never seen jbs as babies before. (In the flesh) Of course I wanted to take them home, but no room :( . Just make sure you show keep us informed and show pics as they get bigger. I love seeing the pics. I have two BPs "Munch and Abe". Sold to me as KKs but I now know they are not.
kk.jpg

Here they are still alittle shy and a month later. Looking fat and happy!
munchandabe2.jpg

Love your tank.

i love the tank set up!!! i can see that you have everything in order about the keeping of JBs. sorry i nver got back to you about the write up, but i'm sure you don't mind since i put school first :D . but all aside you have a nice tank and that girl of yours looks amazing. the blue-green tint in her fins means she is incredibly happy. i'm so glad to see that. she is a real beauty!!! :wub:

Oh how cute are they!!! What a great looking group you've got there. They look quite happy! And that's one gorgeous girl in the last shot. You've done well with them. TFS :D :D

Oh how cute are they!!! What a great looking group you've got there. They look quite happy! And that's one gorgeous girl in the last shot. You've done well with them. TFS :D :D

Thanks for all your help Valley!! Ye all the wee dudes and dudettes have that blue tint!! I have 5 or 6 females i think and the rest are male. Two pairs have taken over different bits in the rocks and when i move house im hoping my wife will let me start to set up a bigger tank and a breeding tank for them!! Dont tell her though because i haven't told her yet!! :-(

i love the tank set up!!! i can see that you have everything in order about the keeping of JBs. sorry i nver got back to you about the write up, but i'm sure you don't mind since i put school first :D . but all aside you have a nice tank and that girl of yours looks amazing. the blue-green tint in her fins means she is incredibly happy. i'm so glad to see that. she is a real beauty!!! :wub:

Thanks joey!! you gave me alot of advise and you pointed me to Valley for more help and i appreciate it. Thanks for the compliments on the tank. I know it is slightly overstocked but am working on a deal with the LPS to shift some of them for me!! If you hear of anybody who would like a few let me know!! (obviously this side of the big pond though!!) Hope the school work is going well

C

how many gallons is it?
water looks crystal clear
reminds me, i gotta change my water -_-
60 gals down the drain -_-

Its a 20 gallon tank and before you tell me its over stocked i know it is! I am working on selling some young to LFS but if you know anybody who is looking for some well looked after ones let me know.

Cheers

I'll maybe take an adult female off you mate if your ever through in Glasgow.I'm hoping to get some marbling into JB's by breeding a female with my big male marble con but my lfs only ever seem to get males.

I could swap you for a young KK parrot x Synspillium.

I'll maybe take an adult female off you mate if your ever through in Glasgow.I'm hoping to get some marbling into JB's by breeding a female with my big male marble con but my lfs only ever seem to get males.

Whoah after me typing this I went into the lfs to find a whole tank of female JB's so I purchased the nicest and largest one(shes still got some growing to do so shes in with my KK fry for the moment).

Whoah after me typing this I went into the lfs to find a whole tank of female JB's so I purchased the nicest and largest one(shes still got some growing to do so shes in with my KK fry for the moment).

No worries. if you ever want any more just shout we have LOADS!!

Most reactions

Back