My ich solution?

FroFro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
After treating with medications my tank showed little improvement with my angels. They continued to rub against my plants during the day but no sign of white spots. I was able to get fresh(ish) used filter media from my uncle once again to replace whatever the previous medicine might have killed. I tried the heat and salt remedy but I was forced to stop as my corydora were showing clear signs of distress 24 hours after I added the dissolved aquarium salt. So after two large water changes to get rid of the salt they settled down but my angels would still flash. I then found this little beauty online in a guide to treating ick other than strong medicines. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=21422

After I picked some up at the Petco on the other side of town and dosing for just 2 days my angels have shown great improvement. While I've yet to see any white spots forming along their body they've greatly reduced rubbing against my plants. They great thing about this stuff is I read in several reviews that it won't harm your bacteria colony or plants and it wont stain your decor/sealant like some other strong medicines that can be harmful to sensitive fish. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if this stuff works I'm going to keep a bottle on hand in the future. It also smells like my grandmothers soap, so my tank smells nice :p

Your fish has external parasites. Sea paraguard is the most gentle form of treatment.

Most reactions

Back