My Holiday Pics... MOD: Dial up warning

sunflower

I wanted to rule the world but got distracted by s
Reaction score
Hiya,

I've just come back from spending a week in Sosua which is on the North coast of Hispanola in the Dominican Republic :D

I won't bore you with every single pic I took but here are a few. I also have some yet to be developed taken with an underwater camera, I'll post those later.

Anyway, typically, the first photos I took were of the room!
Bedroom1.jpg

Bedroom2.jpg

For the first few days I didnt really do much apart from sun bathe so here's a few shots from around the complex B)

The view from my sun lounger:
ViewfromLounger.jpg

ViewfromLounger2.jpg

The private beach:
PrivateBeach.jpg

PrivateBeach2.jpg

One of the three outdoor jacuzzis (cold water - brrrrr, but still lovely :wub: )
Jacuzzi.jpg

On Tuesday I went on a fantastic excurision. Had a brilliant day even if it cost £116 each!!! :X First of all we flew to the South of the island and went to a little village. This village was built 29 years ago by a rich Doctor to fulfill his daughters dream of an ideal place to live. All of the buildings were built in a style some 600 years before their time so even though the village is relatively new, it looks really old.

Village11.jpg

Village10.jpg

Village8.jpg

Village6.jpg

Village5.jpg

Village3.jpg

There was also a gorgeous amphitheatre there...
Village2.jpg

Village1.jpg

...and some stunning views
Village9.jpg

Village7.jpg

After seeing the village we were taken to a hotel where we had some breakfast and then had use of their private beach for an hour or so before boarding a speedboat and roaring along the coast:
Palms.jpg

NationalPark.jpg

NationalPark2.jpg

We then arrived in the middle of the sea and were told to get out of the boat!!! :blink: Luckily we were in the middle of a natural swimming pool and the water was only waist high! phew! I tried to get some pics of the fish there in the water but used to underwater camera so you'll have to wait for those! :p

After that we sped off again to a small island called Saona. Here there was a real "bounty" beach. Fine white sands, gorgeous turquise clear sea and shady palm trees. It was bliss. :nod:

SouthBeach2.jpg

SouthBeach.jpg

After lunch we got on a Catamaran and made our way back to the hotel. On the way back we got the first hint that Hurricane Jeanne was heading our way! :crazy: (The dark grey sky and lashing rain gave it away!)
Catamaran.jpg

Jeanne2.jpg

All in all it was a absolutely fantastic day out.

Then, by Thursday Jeanne had really took hold of the island. We had to stay in our hotel room, unplug to TV (and turn it to face the wall), pack our belongings in case we were evacuated and basically just sit and wait. For 18 hours we waited and our fight home was cancelled :-(

The hotel went about their preparations very efficiently but I guess they're used to hurricanes as this is their season for them anyway. They boarded up the top floor balconies, taped up all the windows and put all the sun loungers in the pool.
Jeanne9.jpg

Jeanne8.jpg

Jeanne17.jpg

Then came more wind and rain
Jeanne10.jpg

Jeanne7.jpg

Jeanne1.jpg

Jeanne15.jpg

We eventually flew home a day later than planned and after spending a glorious 6 hours in Gatwick airport waiting for the next train home, I arrived, safely and in one piece (thank the lord)! :flex:

Thanks for looking.

Hi sunflower,

Edited your message to break apart the images and keep the spacing correct.#

Great pics BTW, looks like a super holiday :)

Ken

Cian McLiam said:
Hi sunflower,

Edited your message to break apart the images and keep the spacing correct.#

Great pics BTW, looks like a super holiday :)

Ken
Thanks, I was having trouble editing it.

It looks beautiful were you went Sun :nod:

Don't forget to post the rest of your pictures :thumbs:

We want one of you on the beach to :p

Well hopefully on the underwater camera there will be a decent one of me in the natural swimming pool in the middle of the ocean!

Very nice :nod: its a Greek Threatre not Amphitheatre though. ;) Good to see you enjoyed your time. :thumbs:

ryan said:
Very nice :nod: its a Greek Threatre not Amphitheatre though. ;) Good to see you enjoyed your time. :thumbs:
lol sorry. The guide said it was an amphitheatre. Maybe I shouldnt have tipped him so well :lol:

great pictures!

you'd think, since hurricanes are a yearly event, that rather than throwing the loungers in the pool, they'd have so sort of storage room for that sort of stuff? or maybe its just more fun to throw stuff in the pool and any excuse will do..... :lol:

hope you got nice and tan!!! or at least, hope you didn't get lobster-red :p

Well there was a scary moment MAM. When I went to the bounty beach I totally forgot how much sea salt can make you burn easier. Very sore arms :X

OH MY GOSH!!!!!

I can NOT believe you were in the middle of that hurricaine!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :huh: :eek:
What an adventure!!!!!!!! WOAH - I would have been scared, well $H|TLESS!! :hyper: :eek:

Beautiful photos! I really enjoyed them all!!

Oh, and Sun..........who's the other in "we"??? :hey:

Most reactions

Back