My Fluval Edge

dertz8

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Just thought Id throw up some pictures of my edge, I know alot of you guys dislike the sunken ships but as a huge U-Boat fan I had to put it in there, I tried to make it look like a sub that has been sitting for awhile and there is sediment I placed on top. The water is alittle cloudy as I did a partial water change and there is still some sediment floating around. Only have 5 Neon tetras in there swimming around. I know there is a mini sword in there, not too sure about the other plants. I was thinking about getting something for clean up crew. Any suggestions overall for my setup? Im a newer fish keeper and this is my first serious aquarium

p1000166x.jpg

By dertz8 at 2010-12-28

p1000170a.jpg

By dertz8 at 2010-12-28

p1000178j.jpg

By dertz8 at 2010-12-28

p1000196d.jpg

By dertz8 at 2010-12-28

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

I personally think however you want to decorate a tank is just fine. After all beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the ship and the fact that you have some live plants. Maybe let them grow out of control and take over the ship so it looks like it has been down there forever. Some algae growth on the ship no matter how unwanted might help it look that way. I might at some Corys as a clean up crew. They like to hang out at the bottom and pick at everything. Groups of 5+ probably do best and some of them only grow to be an inch to 1.5 inches so they stay small. Anyways. Everything looks good and I hope to see an update in the future.

I personally think however you want to decorate a tank is just fine. After all beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the ship and the fact that you have some live plants. Maybe let them grow out of control and take over the ship so it looks like it has been down there forever. Some algae growth on the ship no matter how unwanted might help it look that way. I might at some Corys as a clean up crew. They like to hang out at the bottom and pick at everything. Groups of 5+ probably do best and some of them only grow to be an inch to 1.5 inches so they stay small. Anyways. Everything looks good and I hope to see an update in the future.

Aston Correct 6.6 gallons

shasm, was watching the Philadelphia eagles play the Vikings

K_hedin the problem is im already close to fish capacity with 5 tetras so 5 corys for cleanup crew is out of the question as my tank is only 6.6 gallons. Any other suggestions?

Looks great! I love the ship looks like it's been down a while!! I like the fluval edges look really smart

Looks great! I love the ship looks like it's been down a while!! I like the fluval edges look really smart

Thanks for the kind comments!

Anyone know how would a shrimp or two do in my tank as clean up crew?

By the way, it looks good and the ship is your preference and I actually like it. Tank looks good. Who won the game?

By the way, it looks good and the ship is your preference and I actually like it. Tank looks good. Who won the game?

The Vikings unfortunatly as I am only about 1.5 hours away from Philadelphia

Thanks for the kind comments!

Anyone know how would a shrimp or two do in my tank as clean up crew?

Hi your tank looks really nice, i would add 4-5 cherry shrimp i think they would look good in there and would do a good job of keeping it all clean.
Lloyd

Your most prominent plant is water sprite, an easy grower. Your tank looks much bigger than it is in reality! Yes, I would go with shrimp as well. There are many nice ones around these days of which the cherries are one of the more common ones but with a beautiful colour.

The more i look at the fluval edge the more i want one. Give yourself a pat on the back, you have done a really good job.

Keith.

I too have a fluval edge and plan on having some neon tetras with a planted tank. do you guys think they would coexist with some cherry red shrimp? if not some type of shrimp that would be better?
Thanks
Rob

Substrate looks great the way you have it bowing and the shadows that bounce off it. Nice one boy.

Most reactions

Back