my fluval 404 is making me angry

Xcric

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i followed all the directions on setting the thing up, and yet, for some reason, no matter how much i pump the damn thing it won't fill with water
yeah theres probabbly not much in the way of advice you people can give me without actually being here to see it, but i felt like venting and seeing if there were any common problems out there

edit: haha.....you know..it help if i noticed that there was a label for the intake hose and the out hose...i had them backwards, guess thats the last time i put together a filter after a full days work...

feel free to flame me for my stupidity in both posting and having it backwards

at least it works great now

check to see if the black ring around the top is cracked. if not try to put some vasaline on it, sounds like your not getting a proper seal...

is the in and out labels just on the 404 model? on my 104 i just cut the long length of hose in half and put them in :huh:

I always make sure my filter is full before I start it up. This helps to create a vacum to pull/push the water. If that doesn't work, try disconnecting the out flow ( from the canester) tube from its connection at the spray bar unit and filling it with water. I have found that the fluval primer pump does not work very effectivly unless the whole system is full of water. Hope this helps.

Erik

Most reactions

Back