My Flow Reducer!

bronzecat

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
Hi all

Thought i would show you how I've slowed the flow on my fluval 2 in my female betta tank.
2008_0213Hair0023.jpg

I used the plastic from a document holder. I cut a sort of circle with two tabs coming out either side. I cut some small slits into the plastic which allows some of the flow through. The rest of the flow is diverted up, down and round the sides. I then bent it into a curved shape and secured it to the filter outlet with a zip-tie around the tabs.
In fact it hasn't slowed the flow as its not obstructing the outlet, but is redirecting the flow in all directions, and has reduced the movement to virtually nothing!! :good:

Cheers

Cheers

I've done something different in the Aqua 28L tank. Its got an Aquaone filter, which although small, has quite a flow rate. I cut a length of syphon tube, about 7 - 8 inches, made about eight 3 - 4 mm holes along its length with a hot screwdriver. I blocked one end with some filter sponge and connected the other end direct to the outlet. Hey presto, a spray bar for free. Have directed the holes towards the back glass and again have very little tank disturbance.

I'm a great believer in saving money!!

Excellent idea, my bros tank houses a male fighter and he uses a fluval 2, i will go and whip up one of these asap :D

Most reactions

Back