My Fist Low Tec Planted Tank

Fantail_John

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
The last few weeks I have been trying to set up my 1st low tec planted fish tank, so up to now it looks like this :unsure: it looks a lot better then the photo's, so all comments are welcomed and any guidance, in moving plants or other plants to get, was thinking about the floor of the tank, with a few grass's, but see if the plants I have will take off before adding more? what do you guys and girls think :rolleyes: Sorry for the quality of photo's done on phone!

30495056.jpg

75874548.jpg

18713744.jpg

Looks like you have a good understanding of the basics of aquascaping there mate :good:

Couple points. Those at the front look non-aquatic. Also, are there 3 male dwarf gouramis in there?

Looks like you have a good understanding of the basics of aquascaping there mate :good:

Couple points. Those at the front look non-aquatic. Also, are there 3 male dwarf gouramis in there?

Just been told that the 3 in the front are non aquatic, so will be taking back to pats at home tomorrow, and I did have 3 males Dwarfs but took out this morning, so just the 1 in now, and the others back to lfs, as I had never had and luck with gouramis apart just the one by self like my other tank got a nice male pearl been good for the 3 years. So thought I would just try the 1 in this tank and replace with some more neon's or harlequin's? Thank's for your comments :good: so now my thinking cap on for plants to replace the 3 non, any idea's :) smaller or the same size!

Like the pictures mate. Few tweaks with the plants you'll be good to go! :)

Thank's :) just need to get the non aquatic plants out and replace them and might get some grass's :)

Just found the plant that the non aquatic plant. We live and learn, but thought pets at home would of said?

Green Sandy n Green plants, Dracaena braunii 'Borinquensis

Places like Maidenhead are more likely to tell you what is aquatic and what isn't. It still amazes me that some stores will knowingly stock non aquatic plants that will just rot away in the water.

Try some websites?

They dont sell non-aquatics and have sections for low tech, background, foreground etc

Check plantedtanks.co.uk

Cooper, I find some MA's to be very guilty of flogging non aquatic plants.

Take them back and go in with this months pfk magazine as there is a very good section in there on non aquatic plants. Then there will be no comeback for the assistant. They're actually Dracaena Sanderiana. Take em back and swap them for some Java Fern. :good:

Most reactions

Back