My Fish

Awesome fish!! You certainly have an eye for the unique and colorful. I love the rainbow fish. (or I am guessing he is one) What species is he? And where did you get that stunning betta?! I am not much of a betta person but that is one I could definately fall in love with!

here we go! He's a sneaky little bugger, but i just barely got 'im for ya invader...

badis.jpg

Thanks Chuka :blush: most of them aren't THAT unusual, but I do have access to somewhat less frequently seen fish. I've a very good LFS :good: The rainbow is a male Boesmani in his glory. The betta was a Petco purchase.

a few more...

female Nannacara taenia
harricot.jpg

male gertrude's rainbow
gertrude.jpg

female boesmani rainbow
rainbow1.jpg

male Peacock goby (sorry for the dirty glass)
peacock.jpg

yeah, it's a male badis :good:

just got this'un today. new african butterfly fish to replace the old one who jumped despite a lid being on the tank :shout:

ABF.jpg

Great pictures :D I wish Australia had Bichirs!!!! My African Butterfly fish did the same thing I believe as one night I just went to the tank and he had died...no real reason... Nice Rainbow fish to :drool:

thanks guys! :blush:

So, I did end up removing the badis from the tank with the N. taenia. there wasn't really any aggression between the two, but the taenia are looking like they want to set up and spawn and every time they settled on a cave, the badis would come along and push them out. They were all HIS caves :lol: Plus I've read that the females of the Nannacara sp. are very protective of their broods and i would like to avoid fighting :nod:

Haha! Sounds like the Badis has a lot of character. Gotta love those micro fish with the impression that they are 10x bigger than they really are.

well, not really a micro fish at a possible 2-3 inches for a male, the scarlet badis are the onse that stay about an inch, these guys are bigger. still, quite a bit of personality for a little fish, they really are ery like dwarf cichlids.

tank shot! anyone else see the elephant in the driftwood? i'm imaginative ;)

29.jpg

Most reactions

Back