My Fish

test it every week mostly and everything looks great tested it last night
[/quote]

I have to ask as you now have had a death so things may not be as good as you thought.

What tests are you doing and what are the results? :/

Also may I ask what happened to the Angel (in your second picture?)

the death was because when i got the fish he had swimbadder infection and no one told me at the store so i did not know and then the next day he died..

the angel i had to get rid of because everyone said it would get to big for the tank

the death was because when i got the fish he had swimbadder infection and no one told me at the store so i did not know and then the next day he died..

the angel i had to get rid of because everyone said it would get to big for the tank

Glad to hear that sound advice was acted on regarding the angel :good:

Seeing your platy on the bottom like that I suspected swim bladder :(

Keep those stats good for you guorami, must be zero for both ammonia and nitrite whereas nitrate upto 50 is good. :nod:

May I suggest a nice tall large leafed plant behind the rock at the back as Guorimi really do thrive on heavier planting :unsure:

here is the female and male red wag platys sould have some babys soon i'm excited

Attachments

• 100_5212.JPG
    100_5212.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 31

Glad to hear that sound advice was acted on regarding the angel :good:

Seeing your platy on the bottom like that I suspected swim bladder :(

Keep those stats good for you guorami, must be zero for both ammonia and nitrite whereas nitrate upto 50 is good. :nod:

May I suggest a nice tall large leafed plant behind the rock at the back as Guorimi really do thrive on heavier planting :unsure:

yeah i am getting rid or the flake tall plant and puting in a large live plant like the same because the live plants look so much better i have one live plant right now and i love it

Very nice, I think a peice of real wood would go good with the live plants. If you boost the light then a black background would look very good.

you mean just pick it up off the ground and put it in the tank don't you have to clean and dry it out and all that work?

thats a great idea but up here i can not find a real piece of wood that is small enoght in any stores
Most lfs have a small piece of bogwood somewhere in the shop, maybe out the back? A good idea would be to place a post in the Buy Sell and Swap! forum for a small bit of wood :good: Boil it or pour boiling water over it first to kill off any nasties. I would be careful of putting in anything you find out and about as some woods exude sap etc which may be toxic to your fish.

thats a great idea but up here i can not find a real piece of wood that is small enoght in any stores
Most lfs have a small piece of bogwood somewhere in the shop, maybe out the back? A good idea would be to place a post in the Buy Sell and Swap! forum for a small bit of wood :good: Boil it or pour boiling water over it first to kill off any nasties. I would be careful of putting in anything you find out and about as some woods exude sap etc which may be toxic to your fish.

so do you have any wood in your tank if so can you put pictures

so do you have any wood in your tank if so can you put pictures
[/quote]

I don't have any wood in my tank. I was just helping you out with a suggestion. The nearest thing I have to wood is plastic mangrove root. Here is a picture with my gourami

p1010299np0fe8.jpg

thats cool i like that i might think about something like that

Why thank you! :good: I am trying to achieve the really heavily planted look so went for the plastic root rather than real as you wont be able to se much of it in the end and it's one less thing to worry about :lol:

id like to suggest painting the back of the tank and using sand will make the whole tanke look 10 times better ( not that its bad) and it will also show up your fish better with a solid say black back ground

Most reactions

Back