My Fish Tank Journey...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lrhodes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just thought would share my tank journey from beginning until now..

Maybe it will make some beginners feel better...

I had tanks when I wad younger. Normally only one at a time... But last year we decided to get my son a small 5 gallon for Christmas. Went to petsmart and came home with one female guppy. Because they didn't want to sell us anymore because we had a small tank... Husband went to WalMart and got us two male guppies... And suprised us with a pleci. (thanks Gregg)....

Tank was not cycled. And the male guppies died. The only one that lived was the female and pleco. I thought it was just because they were WalMart fish. But know better now....

Gator started getting huge. So I started researching and found out what a pleci was. Not an algae eater which is what everyone calls them... And I grew to love gator. And was now worried about getting him a bigger tank. We finally got a bigger tank after a long while. The original female fuppy didn't live to see it. But her three babies (now grown) did. Well... The 55 gallon wasn't cycled... Didntlose any fish thank goodness!

Well... I joined the forum. Learned a lot. Originally joined for pleco questions... But now just enjoy teading other people's stories. We have three tanks now... The 55 gallon with guppies, common pleco, two BN plecos. The 5 gallon with a Betta. And a 29 gallon African cichlid tank.

I am obviously still learning. Because I'm doing everything wrong with the cichlids. But we are getting there.

Recently took in some rescueguppies. Most of which are going to be rehomed to my friends 30 gallon breeder when she can get it set up. They are homely looking guppies... I think they are overly imbred... But glad to save them!

Anyway... I'm sure I left a lot out! But... That's kind of what I went through the past year! So... New people... Don't get discouraged! You will get it eventually. Even the most experienced fish keeper started somewhere.

Sorry for all the typos in this... Stupid autocorrect....

We've all come a way! :) I had a 3 gallon plastic tank when i was younger and I had 10 goldfish in it. :p I was only 10 or so and my dad didn't see that as a problem.  He had had an overstocked tank when he was young, so to him to was normal. :/  Guess what?  all but 9 died.  I wonder why... lol Now I can truthfully say my fish are all very happy and in nice clean tanks! :)

Most reactions

Back